Grill propane tanks storage.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My grill solution is a tank like the Trident 1410-0006, 1.4 gal and tall and skinny (about 6" dia). Secures easily into a corner in the cockpit and takes little space. I valve it off when not in use, you may need an adapter to your grill along with an adequate hose.

I found an aluminium bracket designed to hold a 10 lb aluminium tank to an off-road vehicle roll bar.
I mounted it to the stern rail underneath the Dickinson bbq. Secure and any leak is overboard.

Last edited:
I am also looking at those brackets. How about a picture of your installation?

Bruce

I found an aluminium bracket designed to hold a 10 lb aluminium tank to an off-road vehicle roll bar.
I mounted it to the stern rail underneath the Dickinson bbq. Secure and any leak is overboard.

BBQ tank mount.

Are sailboat pictures allowed?

20210602_172605.jpg
Don't know why it is sideways.

I think this is the one I bought.
https://powertank.com/products/bkt-2288

I bought a piece of aluminium plate to mount it to so I could mount it on the pushpit.

Here it is right side up:

Propane Mount.jpg

Bruce

A cylinder is a locker for propane, usually called bottles, correctly affix, and zip else. The drain pipes securely flew away the gas steep far away from the boat interior. You should be more careful when you unscrewed the drum from the grill, it's not just for environmental reasons. There is leakage after it opens calmly

On our last cruise, on our sailboat, we just bungie corded our regular size propane tank to the stern railing near the gas grill. Yeah, it would get a little corrosion, but we kept doing the exchange for a new filled tank as we went down the coast anyway.

By the time we got back from the Bahamas, though, where we just had to keep getting it refiled, it was getting pretty nasty looking, rust and corrosion wise.

I haven't done it yet, but I have an old large fender holder, that a standard grill propane tank fits in perfectly. I keep meaning to mount that on a stern railing on our present boat, to put the tank it. Right now, at the marina, we just use the green bottles.

Last edited:
I split some 3/8" PVC hose and glued that to the foot-ring, no more rust marks on deck and doesn't skid around. Tied to outboard rail. Appliance paint solved the rusting, still looks like new.

Back
Top Bottom