Great Harbor Trawlers still in business?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mirage has made the decision to not produce the GH 37 or 47 at this point and focus on the N models. In real terms whenever we made money on an N model we lost it on a GH. The GH models are considerably more difficult to produce and much more costly. It is difficult to compete in a market where the vast majority of our competition is from Chinese made boats. Such is the boat builders world. That having been said I would expect that the GH47 is possibly my favorite boat among all the trawlers we build for it's all around capabilities.

Interesting. Do you mind sharing the fleet sizes of the four different models? Just curious. All I have to go on the the number available on YW.

Beach: I was just viewing your previous post that included an N-37 and I noticed something funny looking about the profile. Then I realized that it was the boat sitting behind it. Nevertheless, if I photoshop the background style "into" the N-37 and move the FB forward, it makes a very striking profile, however impractical. GH DownEast anybody?

I took that picture from the opposite dock. We didn't even approach that N47 since it's not in our radar.

The owners of the GH37 says they have lived aboard her for 9 years and still love the boat.

According to them there's a N37 in Titusville that came through here a couple of days ago, missed that one.

These Great Harbour owners seem to keep track of each other.

Yeah, raise the pilot house where the bow level is the floor. Put the flybridge behind the raised section ala Fleming.

Don: That was fun to play with, but as you can see by that manipulation of things, it's goodbye to stand-up engine room and probably the full height bosun's locker(not to mention the new cathedral ceiling in the stateroom), and would need a step down from the veranda. I gave up after I couldn't make it work without making Frankenstein boat, LOL! It makes one really appreciate what the Architects do. Trying to do Flemming thing to a GH...now that's a good one.:rofl:

Attachments

• GH 37 a la flemming working.jpg
    GH 37 a la flemming working.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 317
Last edited:
Don: That was fun to play with, but as you can see by that manipulation of things, it's goodbye to stand-up engine room and probably the full height bosun's locker(not to mention the new cathedral ceiling in the stateroom), and would need a step down from the veranda. I gave up after I couldn't make it work without making Frankenstein boat, LOL! It makes one really appreciate what the Architects do. Trying to do Flemming thing to a GH...now that's a good one.:rofl:

Larry, for the life of me, I can't find anything to criticise about that design.:nonono::lol:

As Animal and Heal have noted, this has been a fascinating thread. Having Joe Pica share his experiences with and knowledge about his boat has been pretty enlightening. Big kudos to Ken for taking the time to share his thinking with us and to explain a lot of the design and build considerations a builder has to make. I do like his position re a more "utilitarian" interior v. money spent where it counts in a boat. As I go through boats at shows, I am constantly amazed at the build $$ spent on interiors. It seems to me that a builder trying to meet both a "glitz" factor and a price point in a market, has to decide where the build $$ go. In many cases more of the $$ go to the glitz rather than the function.

More builders, especially smaller or custom builders, should emulate Ken and share their stories where appropriate on forums like this. They might just find an extra sale or two coming their way.

This has been a fun conversation for me and it is great to hear what many of you have to say. We are always looking for the next project and there are great ideas on this forum. I will get numbers on the fleet when I get back but right now I am in the Orlando Airport headed to Texas to give Cardude a helping hand in his GH project.

Hey Cardude, I'll show you the way to the Bahamas!

This has been a fun conversation for me and it is great to hear what many of you have to say. We are always looking for the next project and there are great ideas on this forum. I will get numbers on the fleet when I get back but right now I am in the Orlando Airport headed to Texas to give Cardude a helping hand in his GH project.

Hey Cardude, I'll show you the way to the Bahamas!

Did he buy the Vicksburg?

I am working on it. Survey and sea trial tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Trawler

I am working on it. Survey and sea trial tomorrow

Well then. ...I guess a considerable alteration of your Avitar could be forthcoming.

Lol. Perhaps.

Found a few problems however. Will know more tomorrow.

Pm sent

image-3353458884.jpg

This one stayed overnight on their way down river about a month or so ago. They were here earlier in the year on their way to Minneapolis, if I remember right they were heading to Stuart,Fl. may be there by now. Gave me a tour of the boat & I was impressed with the use of interior space & the engine room that actually has room to work on the engines twin 54 hp yanmars. The wide beam with walk around side decks would also be a big plus for handling lines while locking.

Double post

Attachments

• image-675131226.jpg
    image-675131226.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 96
Come-on Cardude.....you're killing us here. Of course, we could assume that you are now a GH owner, and you no longer talk to us.:popcorn:

No, still not an owner. Might not be on this one.

Too many issues for me to get my head around on this one. :-(

We met a couple last night that had a N37 built 3-4 years ago. They recently had a flybridge attached. It was dark and since they were scheduled to leave at daybreak, we didn't get a chance to view it.

What is all this ......

"sent from my i-pad" "sent from my i-phone"

I don't care if you sent it from a garbage can on Sanders ave & 44th st NYC.

How does those quotations get on one's post?

Never seen any on my i-pad posts.

Are you using the app or the webste?

What is all this ......

Do you ever see; "sent from my droid"?

What is all this ...... "sent from my i-pad" "sent from my i-phone" I don't care if you sent it from a garbage can on Sanders ave & 44th st NYC. How does those quotations get on one's post? Never seen any on my i-pad posts.
Lol. Sorry. I'm not typing that "sent from my ....." stuff in. I guess my phone and iPad have that tag line programmed in somewhere? Let me look into it... Sent from my iPhone using Trawler Crap, there it is again !!!

Edit : Just figured it out. I am using the TF app and There is a setting on to turn off the "sent from my iPhone/iPad" signature. I turned it off !!

Last edited:
Lol. Sorry. I'm not typing that "sent from my ....." stuff in. I guess my phone and iPad have that tag line programmed in somewhere? Let me look into it...

So how bad was it?

PM me if you prefer not to post and if you care to tell me.

This should help me when I start looking at them.

Thanks

What is all this ......

Eric

How about "Sent from my desktop with a raging snowstorm whirling around me in Concrete?" :D

rjtrane, web at Starbucks.
"Carefree"? Sounds like a very laid back community.
Concrete is a very solid community.
cardude01, Thanks. I've been wondering for a long time. Advertising. Just simple advertising.
And I didn't know about the TF app. What on earth would be an advantage to using an app?

Last edited:
rjtrane, web at Starbucks.
"Carefree"? Sounds like a very laid back community.
Concrete is a very solid community.
cardude01, Thanks. I've been wondering for a long time. Advertising. Just simple advertising.
And I didn't know about the TF app. What on earth would be an advantage to using an app?

So you can read and post easily to the forum via smartphone.

I use it all the time.

I am a recent trawler enthusiast, lifelong dreamer of sea cruising. I'm so glad I happened on this forum and this thread. I have been looking at various trawlers and Great Harbour significantly appeals to me for various reasons, though I'm still some years away from an actual purchase.

I was curious though...in a recent post it was said:

Mirage has made the decision to not produce the GH 37 or 47 at this point and focus on the N models.

I found it curious that the GH models are becoming obsolete but there's anticipation for a GH74? Am I correct?

No. The GH47 has been produced with many fine examples cruising. I believe Ken wants to focus on the lower profile N series in both 37' and 47'.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom