Grand Banks circuit breaker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

romany275

Vessel Name
Maire
Vessel Make
1974 Grand Banks 42 Classic
Hello all. I’ve posted this same request on the Grand Banks owner’s forum but it appears that forum is slowly dying, which is unfortunate. I own a 1974 classic 42 which still has the original circuit panel. The smaller breakers are easily replaced with modern Blue Seas c-series breakers. The larger breakers were made by PDL Chilton (New Zealand) and don’t appear to have a modern replacement. The are about 3 3/4 inches wide. I know eventually I’ll probably have to replace the panel but for now I was hoping to replace this one 20 amp breaker. My guess is some of the older Taiwanese trawlers of the same vintage may have used the same kind. I was wondering if someone out there may have a spare 20 or 30 amp old Chilton breaker they can part with. I’m more than willing to pay for the breaker and shipping to Washington state.

Thanks,

Matt

I am not familiar with the larger breaker you are referring to. Hiwever can you modify the panel to accept the Blue Seas breaker? Maybe drill a couple of new holes so you can screw into the Blue Seas breaker. It may not match but so what? If you can get it to work it will get you through this problem and you are probably correct that some day you may replace the whole panel. We replaced our main electrical panel a couple of years ago. Went with one of Blue Seas largest stock panels and love it.

Thanks Dave - that’s exactly what I’m planning to do. Just thought I would exhaust this option first. Someone else mentioned that I try Wards Marine in Ft. Lauderdale. Anyone familiar with this outfit? Might give them a call tomorrow.

Hello all. I’ve posted this same request on the Grand Banks owner’s forum but it appears that forum is slowly dying, which is unfortunate. I own a 1974 classic 42 which still has the original circuit panel. The smaller breakers are easily replaced with modern Blue Seas c-series breakers. The larger breakers were made by PDL Chilton (New Zealand) and don’t appear to have a modern replacement. The are about 3 3/4 inches wide. I know eventually I’ll probably have to replace the panel but for now I was hoping to replace this one 20 amp breaker. My guess is some of the older Taiwanese trawlers of the same vintage may have used the same kind. I was wondering if someone out there may have a spare 20 or 30 amp old Chilton breaker they can part with. I’m more than willing to pay for the breaker and shipping to Washington state.

Thanks,

Matt

For those of us not presently on our boats, a photo would help identify the piece sought.

This is what I’m looking for, hopefully it came through ok,

2F691338-3E01-40E0-853A-4B305615CF91.jpeg

I may have the OEM breakers you are looking for. Do you still need them?

Thanks for following up. I actually ended up replacing the whole AC panel with modern components- it was time anyway.

Back
Top Bottom