Goodbye

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been on this site for 7 or so years and have posted, well, enough. I am getting censored and ignored which is a huge waste of my time so I have decided to bail for a while, or permanently. My posts are part of the record so if I ever said anything useful you can read it with a search.

TTFN
Heck I don't know which is perceived to be worse, being censored or being ignored. ;) But that rarely if ever bothered me.
Either way its just an online forum which is full of opinions anyway. So thankfully for me I can take it or leave it. Life is too short to let time wasting minutes on the net get to me. Taking a break has proven to be good for the soul.

goodbye hope you find something you enjoy more . I have enjoyed some of your posts and you have given me answers and/or ideas to some of my problems.

Wifey B: I'm a basketball fanatic. Players object to fouls all the time. Don't like what the referee calls. Timmy Duncan, in his mind, never committed a foul in his 20 year career. Now with most players, they recognize the majority of the fouls called by the referees to be right and they only object to a few. Fine to argue briefly. Say too much and you get a technical foul. Go further and you're gone. :eek:

The point is no one will agree with all the moderator calls. Some will think they're always wrong as they feel they, themselves, can do no wrong. But we all have to accept and show respect. Fine to mumble under your breath or even curse at your computer. Moderators either contribute greatly or they're necessary evils. Either way we have to respect them. :)

Most of the time when we all post we believe we're inside the rules. Sometimes we know it's borderline but want to edge a bit. Other times we may know it's wrong and just be testing. What are the odds we'll agree with the mods when they tell us we're wrong? About the same as when a referee called a foul on Timmy. He was so incredible at this incredulous look.

Here are all his technical fouls and ejections. The all time fave is when Joey Crawford ejected him for laughing on the bench. Omg, I forgot Popovich was once young. :rofl:

This is a really interesting thread for me. I have moderated the Willard Boat Owners group for over 20-years .(almost 1000 members, though vast majority are lurkers). Except for banning a few obvious spammers, I have never moderated a post. We have over 20,000 posts over the years, though has slowed up over the last few years. We have some backup moderators, but for the most part, I've been at it so long that I'm the main guy (changing now - time for fresh blood).

As a moderator, I simply cannot imagine imposing my opinion, though I must observe that we are pretty tame. Heated discussions center around topics like blisters and stabilization. Tough to go too far afield, but you'd have to go way over a line to get censored from me. When someone gets a bit our of line, the group seems to self police - no need for a ham fisted moderator.

Wifey B: I'm a basketball fanatic. Players object to fouls all the time.

For some reason my 5' 7" kiddo was pretty vocal as well. Don't know why she felt she had to over-impose herself on the AAU. :D

Attachments

• Team Photo 1 With Text.jpg
    Team Photo 1 With Text.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 47
  • TeamPhotoText2.jpg
    TeamPhotoText2.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 50
So a question for the two of you (left a forum for a while then went back).

Did the forum change or did you change?

Probably missed the adrenaline rush these forums (and Facebook) often elicit. I found you just have to not take them too personally- and if I did, was probably partially also it’s cause.

sorry to see you go. Hope you come back. BUT...if you do..leave the little photo thing on your signature home. Can't STAND that guy.

How long does it take to say "good bye."

sorry to see you go. Hope you come back. BUT...if you do..leave the little photo thing on your signature home. Can't STAND that guy.

I agree, that photo was not the most pleasant to view.

Greetings,
Mr. fb. See post #65. One of my contemporaries with a voice that will strip paint off a flagpole at 75 yards. NOT really appropriate sentiments BUT it does have the word goodbye.

Ok, dear people, in view of the issues raised, we have let folk ventilate a little on the matters surrounding moderation, but we are sure everyone will understand that it is timely this discussion end now, before things are said that mandate closure and deletion, which would be a shame.
Happy New Year to all. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom