Good websites to view project boats for sale?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

twirk

Veteran Member
In my other post several of you suggested I consider buying a project boat in the States and bringing it back home to Greenland.

I'm curious to look at what's out there. Any good websites for project boat classifieds?

You may want to just go to Yachtworld and choose the type of vessel you want, IE: Trawler, and then put a sub 25 K price in, then maybe "project" in comments.

I'm in the early stages of trawler searching, other than yachtworld, popyachts and CL - is there anything else out there - project boat or not?

In my other post several of you suggested I consider buying a project boat in the States and bringing it back home to Greenland.

I'm curious to look at what's out there. Any good websites for project boat classifieds?

1) A person looking to buy a "project boat" is not a person who wants to go boating, he is a person who wants to work on boats. If you want to work on boats and have the knowledge and skills to do so, you are probably better off working on other people's boats and taking the money you make and buying a boat that doesn't need a lot of work done to it.

2) It's going to cost the same amount of money to ship a broken down POS boat to Greenland as it will to ship a new or good condition boat to Greenland. Think about that.

Now if you still want a "project boat", any boatyard (boatyard, not marina) probably has a few blocked up somewhere where the owner has died or run out of money.

1) A person looking to buy a "project boat" is not a person who wants to go boating, he is a person who wants to work on boats. If you want to work on boats and have the knowledge and skills to do so, you are probably better off working on other people's boats and taking the money you make and buying a boat that doesn't need a lot of work done to it.

2) It's going to cost the same amount of money to ship a broken down POS boat to Greenland as it will to ship a new or good condition boat to Greenland. Think about that.

Now if you still want a "project boat", any boatyard (boatyard, not marina) probably has a few blocked up somewhere where the owner has died or run out of money.

Great points rwidman. Appreciate the bluntness of your post.

I do really enjoy the project side to fixing up a boat. I love the satisfaction of sailing something I've worked hard at building/restoring. That's what I've done with my 19 footer, however, working on something that I could potentially live aboard, would be amazing.

Sailing across oceans is something I'm working towards and working on a boat feels like a mental step in the right direction.

Meanwhile I have my 19' open boat I use for sailing around in.

Your point about shipping crap boats to Greenland is a good one. Taken. I can see that doesn't make much sense.

Back
Top Bottom