Good Maine Marina to Pick-Up and Drop-Off?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigpoppop

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Long Time Dead
Vessel Make
Nordhavn 55
Good afternoon- where is a good place to pick up and drop off crew in Maine that's close and convenient to airports? Preferably an easily accessible marina! Thanks

Jeff

DeMillo's Old Port Marina in Portland. Easy cab or Uber ride from the airport. And Portland is a fun town with nice bars and restaurants.

There are no other airports in Maine that are easily accessible from a marina. It is a long way to Bangor from any Mt Desert Island marina.

David

Thanks- is there a great cruising guide to Maine that I should get?

We haven't yet made it to Maine but have planned some and I'd suggest two marinas. If you're looking for a protected location and very close to the Jetport, then you might want to consider South Port. Now for convenience to the bay and ocean you might look at Spring Point, which isn't far from the Jetport, just not as close as South Port.

Thanks- is there a great cruising guide to Maine that I should get?

There is a great cruising guide for Maine, Hank and Jan Taft's (and I think someone else) Cruising Guide to the Maine Coast. It has detailed descriptions of each anchorage and things to do nearby. Unfortunately it is out of print. But I suspect there are others.

But Active Captain, a website at www.activecaptain.com is just as good. maybe better. Use the Live Map feature to zoom into where you want to be and look for green icons indicating anchorages. They are rated by users and users review the anchorage and tell you what is near by. Same info for marinas but look for red icons.

David

DeMillo's Old Port Marina in Portland. Easy cab or Uber ride from the airport. And Portland is a fun town with nice bars and restaurants.

There are no other airports in Maine that are easily accessible from a marina. It is a long way to Bangor from any Mt Desert Island marina.

David

+1 on DiMillo's, central to everything, good place to stock up and play a little before heading on a downeast tour.

We haven't yet made it to Maine but have planned some and I'd suggest two marinas. If you're looking for a protected location and very close to the Jetport, then you might want to consider South Port. Now for convenience to the bay and ocean you might look at Spring Point, which isn't far from the Jetport, just not as close as South Port.

We've been at South Port for a couple years now, heading up there soon for our 3rd summer there. I really enjoy South Portland.

David

Exactly! :thumb:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom