The Good

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

danderer

Guru
Vessel Name
Infinity
Vessel Make
Kadey Krogen 48
As I said in another thread, I think we can help each other by sharing stories, good and bad, about players in the boating market. Here are a couple of vendors I've had very good experiences with:

ProMariner -- I've had a couple of pieces of their equipment. Over the years I've asked them some fairly detailed tech questions about installation and configuration. They have always provided prompt and very detailed (and very helpful) answers.

Taylor Made Products -- I've had a couple of things replaced under warranty. One was a fender that was 11 years old that I didn't purchase - it came with the boat. They've been pleasant to deal with and provided replacements with no hassles.

I was in Alaska-summer of 2016 and had inverter problem. Magnum tech support helped troubleshoot me to the wrong conclusion and to order the wrong part.

Somehow I found these guys in Tennessee. I recommend them for "all things inverter". Patient, helpful, and voluminous knowledge and a great inventory of parts. They had multiples of the part I actually needed and Magnum would have take two weeks to get to me. I had it in 3 days.

Tennessee-Inverter Service Center 615-285-0611 (also Marysville Marine Distributors) are good guys. Jordan, Randy or T.J.

https://inverterservicecenter.com/

I totally support sharing stories about good vendors, those that offer a good product and provide good customer support. But lets not let this thread deteriorate into a b****** session. All you hear is one side of the story and there is always more to it than that one side.

David

I recently installed a N2K network in my trawler. I chose Maretron products for the backbone and installed one of their digital displays connected to the Maretron weather station and a fuel-flow pressure meter. Their tech support folks have been very helpful, easy to reach and patient with someone who knows just enough to get himself in trouble :) I have also experienced excellent customer support from Rose Point Navigation makers of Coastal Explorer nav software. Let's keep this tread going!

Above average service.

I also give high marks to Coastal Explorer, good product, outstanding support.

Also The transmission shop at Harbor Marine in Everett, WA. Totally professional, and Mike the dept mgr is a wealth of knowledge and very helpful. Can't say enough good things about them.

Bill

The good... well in fact the best... Trawler Forum... this the place where you can find the answers from the ones who have the best, real, experience with Trawlers (with capital T).
This is a tribute to all of you guys and girls, without exception, from wherever you come from, whatever the boat you own, you are just all the source of the best ever Trawler source of information that could be!
Low hat, knee down, and thank you to everybody out there!

Special thank to: Mr RTF, the enigma living among us, Ski in NC the one who can get you out of trouble in the middle of nowhere, as well as David who has always been a source of knowledge, and all you guys (sorry but too long to name you all), the ones who helped on the electrical side, or Doug the woodworker, and of course the legendary Hendo ( who is not following his thread?)... in summary sorry for the ones who were not named but you all deserve my respect, my friendship and all the best.
Low hat to you all, you all are amazing ( and no I am not trying to rub you in oil to ask something afterward lol)

L

Last edited:
Of course we must add American Diesel to the good list!

I ordered some assorted parts from Boat Parts 4 less. The service was some of the best I have ever had and the shipping was really quick. I will be giving them more of my business.
David

Back
Top Bottom