Golden Star Yachts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Welcome aboard. Not familiar with that boat. Sorry.

Lot's of nice older trawler type boats out there. A common problem for that age is water intrusion around windows and deck areas. It can be repaired, but make sure you have a professional survey done looking out for that issue. Maybe you can tell us some details about the boat. Is it the aft cabin model?

Typical problems are soft deck cores, leaky windows and rusty fuel tanks. Those are the big ticket items but there can also be a whole lot of other issues. Agree get a good surveyor. Also check that the boat can be plugged into a dock with ELCI outlets on it. Not sure if surveyors are checking that or not but it can be expensive to track down an elusive electrical problem if you have to pay someone to do it for you. More and more docks are getting updated with ELCI outlets.

Comodave, good point about checking for proper boat wiring. From what I understand, the test is fairly simple compared to the repair/solution. A negotiated discount can be made.

Sounds like a menu option from a Chinese restaurant. :)

You can find some info under Fu Hwa in the Taiwanese Makes section of the forum. It was a sister company of CHB.
Second the suggestion let a good surveyor have at it.

Comodave, good point about checking for proper boat wiring. From what I understand, the test is fairly simple compared to the repair/solution. A negotiated discount can be made.

Ours would trip the GFI breakers on our home dock just by plugging the boat in without any circuits energized. Didn’t know about it since the marina the boat was in didn’t have any ELCI protection. I ended up replacing the main breaker panel since there wasn’t any room for expansion. It took about 3 days of work ringing out all the wiring to find all the problems and there were many...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom