The Golden Ray

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

menzies

Guru
Vessel Name
SONAS
Vessel Make
Grand Alaskan 53
Went past it today.

Attachments

• DSC_9697_copy_1215x810.jpg
    DSC_9697_copy_1215x810.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC_9703_copy_1215x810.jpg
    DSC_9703_copy_1215x810.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 52
Went past it today.

Yeah, saw on AIS that you were down the dock from us, but alas, I never got to the boat today. Something about a football game to watch at 3:30.

In any case, I expect the Golden Ray, debris from the same, and salvage and cleanup crews, will still be here the next time you are up this way. There is no end in sight.

Yeah, saw on AIS that you were down the dock from us, but alas, I never got to the boat today. Something about a football game to watch at 3:30.

In any case, I expect the Golden Ray, debris from the same, and salvage and cleanup crews, will still be here the next time you are up this way. There is no end in sight.

Off to Sunbury and then Hilton Head first thing tomorrow. But will be heading back at the end of next week.

Last edited:
Saw this pulling into Fernandina. Thought it was good they had a high capacity lift if we needed a haul out.

Turns out it is the VB 10,000 Lift and Ship Saw. It will soon move to the Golden Ray, cut it in sections with a giant chain saw and lift the sections on to barges. Might be noisy...

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    139.4 KB · Views: 31
This cow will be milked until she is dry. She looked almost the same a year ago. A big mistake was made, the ship rolled over, insurance is on the hook and the vultures will pick it clean.
Did I sum it up fellas?

Saw this pulling into Fernandina. Thought it was good they had a high capacity lift if we needed a haul out.

Turns out it is the VB 10,000 Lift and Ship Saw. It will soon move to the Golden Ray, cut it in sections with a giant chain saw and lift the sections on to barges. Might be noisy...

Actually that WAS the plan. There's a very engineered plan involving 5 anchors and 4 passed the test, the 5th didn't. So all is on hold and VB 10,000 is BACK in Fernandina "standing by".

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom