Going to Poulsbo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Quicksilver

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Slow Flight
Vessel Make
CHB 45
Our yacht club will be going to Poulsbo WA. this summer so I am looking for "Must see, must do" information. We will be there for two days. Hope everyone is having a great summer on the water.

There's a great marine store there, as well as some great eateries. It's very touristy but fun.

Poulsbo is awesome! The bakery is the measure:). The Donuts have been systematically rated as the best by our family in our scientific rating system used on our boat by my kids!

Are you downtown or at Poulsbo YC? The reciprocal at the YC is wonderful if you don't mind short walk to town.

The Front Street restaurants are better than you'd expect. Even several good coffee shops. Waterfront park is very dog friendly.

We visit Poulsbo a couple of times a year. (We were just there) It's a nice destination. Kim likes to visit the shops and wander the downtown area. There's not enough testosterone in that for me so I usually work on boat projects. There are a couple nice restaurants and the bakery is great.

Beyond that, I don't know of any "must do" activities. I understand the Naval Undersea Museum is nice. It's a short way away at Keyport, but we've never been there.

For me, Poulsbo is just a nice place to relax.

Will someone please put up some pictures of this wonderful place?:D

Sluys Poulsbo Bakery is the only reason to go to Poulsbo!! Naw just teasing. . . I lived over there for 7 years and it is truly the BEST reason to go to the old town marina district. One block over from the marina on 1st St. Apple Fritters. . . Umm!! Go early because it's standing room only during the summer months.

Just a nice little quaint tourist area with small trinket shops, restaurants and stores in Scandinavian store fronts. Yes they're proud of their heritage. . .Son's of Norway Club is at the end of the block!! The Poulsbo business district is over the top of the hill about a mile or so away.

PS; not my pics. . so if you're in them not my fault!!:whistling:

Attachments

• Donuts.jpg
    Donuts.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 97
  • Poulsbo.jpg
    Poulsbo.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 628
Last edited:
Sounds like another nice part of WA. Amazing how many great places to visit every state seems to have. Over the last couple of months we've spent 26 days in WA and over the next couple of months expect to spend another 20 or so, but all one can do in that period of time is just touch the surface and see a few of the sites and part of the beauty of the state.

Will someone please put up some pictures of this wonderful place?:D
Here's the reciprocal I mentioned at Poulsbo YC. It's particularly good if you're over 40' because the transient slips are rather short at the city marina.
poulsboyc2.jpg

I'll be there in August for the first time also. What are the must eats at the bakery? Donuts, apple fritters, what else? I swear half of my traveling comes down to finding good places to eat.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom