Gecko in the lazarette

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gknoepfler

Saw one this morning. Don’t really have any bugs on the boat except for the ever present spiders.
Should I leave alone or get rid of?

Greetings,
Mr. gk. It may be trapped. Put it out on the deck and leave it be. Your kindness may be rewarded with a deal on insurance...

Leave it alone, may be the reason you don't have any pests. If you can safely get it back to land OK.

Get it off the boat, or fumigate the boat. Those things crawl into tiny spaces and can short electrical equipment. I had one short and destroy a circuit board in an aircon at home, cost $750 to replace. They are a potential fire risk.

I've had good luck with Baja Mexican Geckos. But Insequent has a good point.

All I get in my laz is queen bee hornets looking to ride through to next spring.

Hmmmmm........don’t snakes eat geckos ???

Not sure if you have as many as we have in south Florida...but good luck with keeping them off even if you get rid of the one....the little ones are like roaches and mice as they seem to fit into spaces way smaller than them.

They seem to stay outside or only porches though, not in "conditioned" or high traffic areas... I would ignore the one unless I saw him in other places that I would care more about.

Rather have a lizard that eats roaches than the other way around.

The house is split. Some are saying let it live in peace and others are saying nuke it into oblivion.....

And a goose will surely leave some calling cards with snake scales in em. :)

OK RTF - you get big points for cleverness!!!

Our cats are geko trained and always alert

But how do you get rid of the cats?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom