GB Lazzarette Hatch hinges

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caballero II

Vessel Name
Caballero II
Vessel Make
Grand Banks Classic 36
I have a broken hinge on my 1982 GB Classic I'd like to replace. Anybody have some leads for a source of these castings? If not, I suppose I'd probably get 4 new deck hinges that would have a larger footprint so that they could be inlaid flush with the deck, right. Tim

Attachments

• 2018101495161417.jpg
    2018101495161417.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 77
Looks like it was made locally in overseas.

Perhaps you could cut down bronze hinge to fit , or trim the wood for a new hinge.

A "jewlers saw" is much easier to trim metal items.

Slow as the blades are very fine , but accurate.

GB Hinge

I actually got a reply from GB in Malaysia. They have what appears to be the identical hinge, but the finish is described as "Brass Satin Chrome". I wonder how it holds up in weather? Picture hopefully attached.

Attachments

• 20409-009_.JPG
    20409-009_.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 69
Good chrome will last many years especially when put on good brass. Many of the new boats have gone to all SS hardware. So part of the boat will be up to date looking.

Even if the chrome doesn't really last the underlying brass likely is the same as what you have now so should give good service for many years.

Get a few extras just in case and keep the old, still good one.

Better than butchering the hatch even if you are good with tools.

send me your address.
I'll mail you one tomorrow - I have to go to the post office anyways.
I had them on my steps up to the aft deck but had to replace most of them.
Have one right here.

Thanks for doing the research as I have the same hinges that need replacing.

I'm still having a bit of a hard time navigating this website. To the responder who asked for my address, please reach me at timothyvail@aol.com. Do you think these are really brass, or do you think these are probably the same bronze castings that have been "satin chromed". I'd love to get some replacements for the originals. Thanks for the help.

Tim

Hinges

Thanks to you I recently purchased two sets of hinges from Grand Banks. I’ve taken delivery of them and I must admit that they are substantial in construction and will be a good replacement for my old broken ones. Grand Banks made the purchase and shipping very easy. When I install my new ones I’ll have three hinges for sale.

I would be happy to buy your used bronze GB Lazzarette hatch hinges.

1992 GB 36 Classic Lazarette Hinge

One of the hinges on my lazarette hatch broke in half. Is there anyone out there who has a spare? Or does anyone still have a direct link or contact information for GC Malaysia where someone obtained hinges a few years ago?

Thanks for your help!

Lazarette Hinge.JPG

Sorry, can’t help with the hinge, but I absolutely hate using straight slot screws on a boat. Or anywhere for that matter…

One of the hinges on my lazarette hatch broke in half. Is there anyone out there who has a spare? Or does anyone still have a direct link or contact information for GC Malaysia where someone obtained hinges a few years ago?

Thanks for your help!

View attachment 128390

Send me a pm with email or phone. I have a few contacts that I have accumulated over the years that I can send you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom