Gb 32

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Houghton

Vessel Name
Elscan
Vessel Make
GB 32
I am a new owner of a 1974 GB 32. I am looking for a bonded plate in the hull for an earth ground to which the AC shore power is grounded. Did GB or American marine use such a system? I have a few AC ground wires recognised by their colour that are just in the air IE not connected to anything. is there such a bonding plate or is the engine and shaft the ground? Any answers most appreciated, I am in Hong Kong
Mark Houghton

I am a new owner of a 1974 GB 32. I am looking for a bonded plate in the hull for an earth ground to which the AC shore power is grounded. Did GB or American marine use such a system? I have a few AC ground wires recognised by their colour that are just in the air IE not connected to anything. is there such a bonding plate or is the engine and shaft the ground? Any answers most appreciated, I am in Hong Kong
Mark Houghton

The shore power AC system should not be bonded to the hull. It should stay separate and only connect the devices to the outlet/pedestal on the dock. There should be a buss bar within a breaker box or adjacent to the breakers if your boat boat doesn't have a box, these ground wires for each powered device should only connect to the ground from the shore power. Your neutral bus bar and ground bus bar should not be connected on a boat, this is different from a home's electrical box.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom