Gate hardware

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sford1952

Hi, new member here so I am overly excited by the generosity and information I find here. After sailing forever we purchased a 1983 CHB Trawler and learning a whole new way to enjoy our beautiful ocean. First need we have; looking for the little half inch bracket that holds the gate steady in the open position. We need 3 and may resort to having them fabricated if unable to find.

Thanks in advance to all you Trawlers out there. Steve and Alexa

Attachments

• Boat Gate.jpg
    Boat Gate.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 40
You might call / email a photo to Sailor Exchange in St Augustine FL.
They have a lot of salvaged parts but only a few cataloged / online

Replacement Parts for Taiwan Boats | MMIMarine.com

In addition you might try these guys as they say they specialize in Taiwanese boat hardware. No personal experience.

A SS fabricator could make those easily I think. Think rigging shops, restaurant equipment, and anyone specializing in marine SS fabr.

Welcome aboard. We have gate hardware that is similar to yours. We were missing the latch bolt on one of the 3 gates and the fitting that is used to push them open, the PO had put sheetmetal screws into the bolts even though they are machine screw threads. A friend of ours has a metal lathe and he made us new bolts and the finger fittings to open the bolts.

Attachments

• 104D342C-C301-44E4-9C83-099701FD28E4.jpg
    104D342C-C301-44E4-9C83-099701FD28E4.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 32
  • B580A106-5247-4BE8-8888-DDC5C3C1FFC4.jpg
    B580A106-5247-4BE8-8888-DDC5C3C1FFC4.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 35
Hi, new member here so I am overly excited by the generosity and information I find here. After sailing forever we purchased a 1983 CHB Trawler and learning a whole new way to enjoy our beautiful ocean. First need we have; looking for the little half inch bracket that holds the gate steady in the open position. We need 3 and may resort to having them fabricated if unable to find.

Thanks in advance to all you Trawlers out there. Steve and Alexa

Are you talking about this piece??
LtLxp9P.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom