Garmin Glo2 Bluetooth GPS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BonesD

Vessel Name
Michelle
Vessel Make
1977 Schucker 436
I just purchased a Garmin Glo2 bluetooth receiver to use with my Microsoft Surface Pro 3.
The pc sees it and says it’s paired but the Garmin isn’t seeing it. I found a few posts on line that say it’s not compatible but they were a few years old. I was hoping that a fix had been discovered by now. Has anyone had any luck with this combination? I was really hoping to not be tethered to a USB style GPS. Thanks

Bones,
I have not tried that particular hardware, but the concept works. I have a GlobalSat BT- 821 Receiver connected to a Google Fire Tablet - running I Boat or Opencpn. Works great! No cords, good sunlight display and phenomenal battery life on both units.

Worked great right out of the box.

I also found an app for my phone that will monitor and display bluetooth and wifi signals "Bluetooth anaylizer" by Kauwisoft on playstore.

Playing with a number of apps on the tablet, I found some apps need a bluetooth helper program "bluetooth provider" - seems to bridge the gap between the receiver and some GPS applications on android.

Not sure if your "Surface" needs something like that to make the bluetooth connection. FYI in some cases the receiver showed connected (flashing blue light) the android showed connected - but no data flowing to the app.

Sounds like what you are experiencing.

Keep looking, I'm sure there is a fix out there somewhere.

Thank you for the response. I will keep looking for a solution before sending it back to Amazon

Similar problems with some otherwise perfectly fine gps units interfacing with the non-cellular/non-gps apple ipads. Might be a certifed list for MS like there is for apple.

Thanks, disappointing though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom