Garmin 7616 Chart Plotter Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

seacat96

The new to us trawler came equipped with recently upgraded garmin electronics including 7616 chart plotters. No problem creating routes and capturing tracks. The problem I have is in joining a route created - when you hit engage - it always seems to want to go to either the start or finish points - not the closest point on the track. And even if you've joined the route at the starting point - and then have to disengage - the same issue occurs when trying to re-engage.

I'm sure I'm missing something simple - any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Go to the Hull Truth Forum and copy and paste the above in the electronics forum. You will get replies. Does you MFD have a built in manual?

You don't specify which Auto Pilot pump or system you have as that will have an impact on behavior.

With a Garmin GHC Control head and smart pump, If you are within around 100ft of the pink route line port or starboard and hit the route button (a squiggly line with 2 dots) it should align with the route and continue on from there.

On my 7612 I can select how I want to join, eg forward( it gets you on track from where you are) or from start or reverse.

Back
Top Bottom