Fynspray oil pump on Cummins engine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GreenSailor

Has anyone tried to use a oil extractor pump with the Fynspray pump. If so, please explain how it was done.

I have one on my Cummins 6BT5.9 220HP it works very well. Are you looking for how to install one on the engine or how to use it for an oil change?

Just curious how effective they are. I have one on each engine and thinking about connecting them to an automatic pump. If they are quite easy to use I may just forget this project.

Mine has a short hose slipped over the spout I just place the hose in an empty gal oil jug and pump till the jug is full then repeat ususlly about 3 jugs plus a bit takes care of my change. My pump does work well it draws from the bottom aft corner of the engine, it takes quote a bit of stroking but not difficult or messy. I pump till it is sucking air then let it sit for a few minutes then pum a few more strokes for any that mayhave drained down.
As with most oil drain pumps the oil needs to be warm to fairly hot to work well. On my previous boat I used to use a Jabsco 12v oil drain pump on a bucket through the dip stick but find this much simpler. Boat is a single engine it is easy to get to either side that may not be the case with twins.
good luck!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom