FYI El Faro....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ancora

Guru
This month's edition of Professional Mariner has a special report on the sinking of the El Faro.

I looked at the on line PM, did not find anything new. Is it in the print copy?

"Professional Mariner" issue #198 February 2016. Discusses the age of the US bluewater fleet, lax weather routing, condition of the ship's propulsion system, possible failure and previous failures. A good read for those interested. In the same issue a report on the whale tour boat that capsized near Vancouver Island killing six people.

I just read that the company that ran El Faro (TOTE) just settled with some of the families for $500k each for their loses...

They already had a replacement ship on order and it is now running the same route as El Faro. I guess it's just the cost of doing business.

I just read that the company that ran El Faro (TOTE) just settled with some of the families for $500k each for their loses...

They already had a replacement ship on order and it is now running the same route as El Faro. I guess it's just the cost of doing business.

Yes, same company that lost 25 containers off Palm Beach last month.

Settlement is a gamble for the families as you either settle low as many have or you gamble that they can't dodge the claims in court through claiming another entity is responsible. I would think that the level they're settling is within their insured level.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom