Future vessel suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Greetings,
Mr. 71. While I can appreciate your sentiments, that interior shot in the listing did it for me. Way too dark like a number of more modern cruisers (some Bayliners, Searays and the like). Similar to living in a cave.

Agreed! :rofl:

That very thing, your mention about cave living, is one of several BIG reasons we own our Tolly. We love well lit spaces and good outside views all the time! Also, and although loving to cook, my Admiral refuses to act as a true "Galley-Slave" sequestered away down below the main salon-doings aboard. Therefore, "up-galley" layout is another Big reason for our Tolly! :thumb:

Attachments

• Craig, Taune, Linda Morning Coffee.jpg
    Craig, Taune, Linda Morning Coffee.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 102
  • Forward interior - Pilot and Galley.jpg
    Forward interior - Pilot and Galley.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Can't go wrong with the larger bayliner but if looking for fuel efficiency as stated I would look at the Monk 36 with a single screw 135 perkins burning around 1.5 to 1.75 GPH.

3752920_-1_20120805114945_0_0.jpg

And how much do you think a boat like that would go for, Tony?:D

Similar to living in a cave.

Thats exactly my wife's sentiment about most sailboats. These have plent of space for larger ports in the salon. She has come to realize though that if its light out we're on the flybridge or in the cockpit. These boats can be had at a pricepoint that gets us into a boat we could only dream about otherwise with its weather capability and efficient hull. She's also come to appreciate the lack of windows and the greenhouse effect they have in our subtropical area. Like I've said before everyone has opinions. They will widely vary with different experiences and needs. A couple of hatches and some lighter paint would completely transform that salon.
I'm not trying to sell others on my preferences, just giving a little insight into the potential I see when looking at vessels others would shy away from.:flowers:

Thats exactly my wife's sentiment about most sailboats. These have plent of space for larger ports in the salon. She has come to realize though that if its light out we're on the flybridge or in the cockpit. These boats can be had at a pricepoint that gets us into a boat we could only dream about otherwise with its weather capability and efficient hull. She's also come to appreciate the lack of windows and the greenhouse effect they have in our subtropical area. Like I've said before everyone has opinions. They will widely vary with different experiences and needs. A couple of hatches and some lighter paint would completely transform that salon.
I'm not trying to sell others on my preferences, just giving a little insight into the potential I see when looking at vessels others would shy away from.:flowers:

Points well taken, Twiisted! :thumb:

I'll tell my "open-Window/space-luven" admiral bout your input... naw, on second thought I won't! :hide: lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom