Is this the future of boat shows?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just got email notice of the virtual show. I didn't even open it. Like eating a virtual hamburger.

I think the smart show companies will use it in the future to augment their shows, but I do not think boat shows will be replaced long term. I equate it to buying a car. If you know in advance what you're going to buy, you don't need a showroom, you just buy online. But if you're shopping and looking you can use the internet to gather information but on a car you want to sit in it and test drive it. On a boat you want to walk aboard and check it out.

I think if they're smart every show will be prepared with a virtual alternative. However, I don't think builders and brokers will spend the money to bring boats to such a show, so it must be at multiple locations, wherever the boats are.

I've been doing virtual boat shows for years. Between Yachtworld, Craigslist and brokerage listings, there have always been hundreds of boats on virtual display, and real time discussions or videos are a phone call/Email/text message away. Not quite following the need to call this event a virtual boat show.

Back
Top Bottom