Fuel prices on the water?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vallejo, CA...$4.00 per US gallon as of yesterday.

Here in the keys it is 4.15 for diesel and 5.15 for rec 90 gas

In NC I saw it several places below $3.50...

Where are you headed?

Deckape, Where is it $4.15? I checked Burdines today and it was $4.49 plus sales tax, $4.83 total.

3.79$, Upper Cheasapeake Bay last weekend

Don't have the receipt with me, but we fuelled up today in Kitimat on BC's north coast and it was $1.30 per litre ($4.94 per US gallon) and then there's about 12% tax on top of that bringing it up to $5.50 Canadian per gallon.

283 mm on the upper Mis $4.19 diesel

They must be adding gold as an additive here in Jacksonville. $4.33 gal at Beach Marine, but right across the ICW at Palm Cove it's 3.94??? 4.19 a gallon at St. Augustine Municipal Marina.

The commute is a real bi+ch but from what I can figger in Venezuela less than 30 cents a gallon. Real bargain.

Gulf Shores, AL, Homeport Marina $4.40/gal, San Roc Cay Marina, Orange Beach, AL $3.93/gal (cash price), The Wharf Marina, Orange Beach, AL $4.50/gal, Sportsman's Marina, Orange Beach, AL $4.25/gal.

I plan on fueling in Brunswick, GA at Ocean Petroleum when I head South in December. Their current cash /check price is $3.56 per gallon.

Ted

Ready Togo it was at keys fishery fuel dock a week or so ago. They are only open till 11:00 a.m. they are just north of the restaurant were the commercial fisherman fuel. take credit/ cash check them next time you eat there.

I paid $.90. a gallon in Trinidad a year ago but heard it may be over a dollar now. Not convenient but hey I had a sailboat then - cost me almost 30 dollars to fill up. Don't want to think what it cost me now.

$3.80 here in Grafton IL where 30 looper boats sit waiting for the rivers to drop

Also try waterwayguide.com for accurate pricing by area.

Ready Togo it was at keys fishery fuel dock a week or so ago. They are only open till 11:00 a.m. they are just north of the restaurant were the commercial fisherman fuel. take credit/ cash check them next time you eat there.

Deckape, thanks. If they sell mostly to fisherman that probably doesn't include sales tax, so that would make it $4.46.

That's frikkin crazy. I can go to the pump and buy it here in CA for 3.83 a US gallon for my truck.

Dyed diesel

Dyed diesel is fuel with red dye added to show there are no federal or state fuel taxes paid. Other industry names for dyed diesel are: marked fuel, farm fuel, “red dyed” diesel.
Common uses

Common uses of dyed diesel are non-highway farming equipment, construction equipment, generators, and marine vessels.

So why are you paying more? In the LA Harbor it's around 3.60 or less depending on quantity.

That's frikkin crazy. I can go to the pump and buy it here in CA for 3.83 a US gallon for my truck.

Agreed. Some of the posted prices are unreal. The price of fuel has dropped this past week or so. I paid $3.79 for taxed on road fuel yesterday and saw $3.75 at a different station today. NC has some of the highest road taxes so off road prices should be much cheaper. A month or so ago, I was paying $3.89 pretty consistently for the last few years but the price dropped in August and then recently.

No way should off road fuel cost over $4.00 right now in the US.

Later,
Dan

Dyed diesel

Dyed diesel is fuel with red dye added to show there are no federal or state fuel taxes paid. Other industry names for dyed diesel are: marked fuel, farm fuel, “red dyed” diesel.
Common uses

Common uses of dyed diesel are non-highway farming equipment, construction equipment, generators, and marine vessels.

So why are you paying more? In the LA Harbor it's around 3.60 or less depending on quantity.

Simple answer is state taxes. Diesel in Ocean City, MD use to be $ .20 to $ .30 a gallon cheaper than road fuel. So the state added a marine fuel tax and required non commercial users to pay sales tax on the total of all the other taxes and the cost of the fuel. :banghead: So now marine diesel is higher than over the road diesel. The state looked at our boats and decided we could afford to pay more.

Ted

Heading south on the AICW we always buy fuel at Top Rack Marina in VA, at ICW mile 5 (as I recall). They consistently have the lowest diesel prices in VA. And, if you spend $75 in their restaurant "Amber Lantern" which is very good, you can spend the night at their docks at no charge. You can check it out at Chesapeake, Virginia, Doral, Boat, Dealer, Used, Parts, Service, Financing

Howard

Wondering what diesel fuel at the local marina is?

This information is available on Active Captain and Cruisers.net. More importantly, you can check prices in the area where you will need to buy fuel. There's not much point in knowing the prices in Maine if you are in Florida.

Back
Top Bottom