Old 08-08-2022, 10:06 PM   #201
Guru

City: Coupeville Wa.
Vessel Name: Pacific Myst
Vessel Model: West Bay 4500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowgoesit View Post
Was that including tax?
Yes, includes tax. You also get a $0.05 per gallon discount on purchases of 100 gal or more. https://www.ohmarina.org/marina/page/fuel
Old 08-09-2022, 12:51 AM   #202
Guru

City: Gulf Islands, BC Canada
Vessel Name: Sea Sanctuary
Vessel Model: Bayliner 4588
It was $189 litter two weeks ago in Nanaimo
SteveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 03:40 AM   #203
Guru

City: Queensland
Vessel Model: Milkraft 60 converted timber prawn trawler
Stop your whining (-;
$8.50 a gallon is about the cheapest on water diesel here.
$2.25/litre X 3.78
Old 08-10-2022, 04:29 PM   #204
Guru

City: NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedtree View Post
Anyone seeing any signs of diesel price decline?
Diesel price, well away from salt water in NC, peaked around $5.90 for a USG! I thought it was bad years ago when I had to pay $4.50 for a USG.

Last April, I filled up the truck, not much driving needed and it is a large tank, at $4.95 a USG. Decided to fill up on Monday, and the price was again at $4.95 USG. Saw higher prices up to $5.30 USG but did not stop at that station.

The price has been falling. The price near us has been sitting around $5.30 a USG for a month or so this summer, after the peak, and then started dropping again.

We won't be able to get to salt water, and thus on a boat, for at least another few months. Would like to know what the diesel price is at the marina....

Later,
Dan
dannc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 09:53 PM   #205
TF Site Team

City: MX, thru Canal to Bahamas
Vessel Name: Muirgen
Vessel Model: 50' Beebe Passagemaker
$4.73 today, including tax at Brownsville Marina in Washington State. Hopefully it will fall a little more by the time we get there in a week or two . . .
Old 08-11-2022, 07:55 AM   #206
Guru

City: Newport, R.I.
Vessel Name: Hippocampus
Vessel Model: Nordic Tug 42
It been more striking how different prices are between chains like safe harbor and locals. Currently get a 25 cent discount at NEB. But if I go to a small privately owned marina in tiverton with a 10% discount for over 200g it’s a whole dollar cheaper. That place supplies the local commercial fishing boats. It isn’t valtec like at NEB but even adding my own store bought additives it still way cheaper and the diesel turn over there is so high no issue with particulate or water. I’m on the 100 dock at NEB feet from their fuel dock. However it seems the boats I share that dock with leave NEB and go to tiverton for fuel. Like them usually get well over 200g so saving a buck a gallon is worth the hassle. Tiverton currently at ~$5 give or take 5-10 cents.
Hippocampus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 07:58 AM   #207
Guru

City: Rochester, NY
Vessel Name: Hour Glass
Vessel Model: Chris Craft 381 Catalina
Sometimes it depends on how the marinas buy their fuel. If the prices don't change frequently, they may be buying on bulk contracts (vs spot price). So depending on when they use up their current contract, it may take longer for some fuel docks to show a price drop (or increase).
rslifkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 10:50 AM   #208
Guru

City: Narragansett Bay
Vessel Model: Grand Banks 36 Classic #715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippocampus View Post
It been more striking how different prices are between chains like safe harbor and locals. Currently get a 25 cent discount at NEB. But if I go to a small privately owned marina in tiverton with a 10% discount for over 200g it’s a whole dollar cheaper. That place supplies the local commercial fishing boats. It isn’t valtec like at NEB but even adding my own store bought additives it still way cheaper and the diesel turn over there is so high no issue with particulate or water. I’m on the 100 dock at NEB feet from their fuel dock. However it seems the boats I share that dock with leave NEB and go to tiverton for fuel. Like them usually get well over 200g so saving a buck a gallon is worth the hassle. Tiverton currently at ~$5 give or take 5-10 cents.
Valvetec is $5.29 (Tuesday) over at Pleasant Street Wharf in Wickford. They have a 1,000 gallon tank so it turns over quickly. Every few days this time of year.
Old 08-11-2022, 11:11 AM   #209
Guru

City: Stratford, CT
Vessel Name: Blue Moon
Vessel Model: Mainship Pilot 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigatoo View Post
Valvetec is $5.29 (Tuesday) over at Pleasant Street Wharf in Wickford. They have a 1,000 gallon tank so it turns over quickly. Every few days this time of year.
Roughly about the same for Valvtect in CT but can vary as much as $.50 or more depending on the marina. Also some will offer discounts for boats staying in a transient slip or different boating affiliations like BOAT US.