Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sbu22

Guru
Vessel Name
Panache
Vessel Make
Viking 43 Double Cabin '76
Going to be in the area while it's in progress. I've never attended a such an event. Not in the market for a new Nordy. Worthwhile for an avid low budget boater? I kinda get the feeling that if I show up in my normal boating attire, I may not get in the gate - no blue blazer and white duck pants.

I've heard that some of the larger Florida boat shows also have concurrent boat equipment "flea markets" - is this one of them?

Any input appreciated.

FLIBS Is definitely not a flea market type, and is mostly yachts. Although they did have marine flea market here in Dania but moved to Palm Beach.

I've been at the show a half dozen times or so, mostly for business, but it is truly an International event, with display areas of many countries touting their home spun manufacturers. Product knowledge is really good and many head-honchos are on site, meaning that is actually possible to get correct answers to questions.

The latest stuff is there. Transportation is decent. There's a lot of broker boats, but most of them are real biggies. Parking ranges from 7-55 bucks, depending on distance (for the cheap ones, you'll need to take a charter bus). No flea market to speak of, but lots and lots of vendors with stuff on sale, boat show prices, of course

For trawler-like vessels, there's a section you can expect to see some, but it's mostly motor yachts. I would typically spend a day with the boats and a day in the vendor section before I had enough.

Members like (Moonstruck) and Brokerguy might be able to give you some more info.

Back
Top Bottom