Found my boat!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Knot Fast

Vessel Name
Knot Fast
Vessel Make
Great Harbour GH37
17978-albums702-picture4283.html

My search may be over!
No teak decks or osmotic blisters...
Such comely lines....
Just needs a good scrubbin'.
dw

pic

Here's the pic

Attachments

• 20180312_103023.jpg
    20180312_103023.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 462
I think I hear a song...Sweeeet Caro-line :D

Are you going to paint it with a Lavender hull?

IMHO I'd much rather be using my boat than working on my boat.

Damn, can`t see the anchor.

Past her prime, but I personally don’t have to squint to see her potential. Maybe there is something wrong with me. She doesn’t have a Gardner does she?

Does the bow not line up with the stern? Something looks twisted in the deck lines.

HD's having paint sale. Bring paint chip... they will match orig color. Keeps the boat more salable; as in - "All Orig" with OEM replacement parts!

Surprised to see the life raft still on her!

Maybe I could hit a sandbar and start a go fund me account. Unfortunately, I’m not good at crying in front of reporters. “I just need $857k to have her hauled, rebuilt, repowered and painted, that’s it, nothing else. Waaaaa!”

How did I do? Did I tug on your heart strings?

She's the Caroline C, at anchor in the Manatee River, listing 10 degrees to starboard, and swinging any darn way she pleases. Many great suggestions from all of you with too much time. The pink or lavender color ideas have inspired me to pursue a paisley hull on my next boat. Kinda like a floating 1970 VW micro bus.

Caroline C truly has nice lines to my eye, but on reflection, I lack the initiative to undertake this project. So, she’s up for grabs fellas– help yourself.

Just don’t knock off my paisley hull idea. When you see one, you’ll know that’s me…
dw

Nice...

Attachments

• 8E7D86AB-4762-4C08-842F-1957F2DCE6D4.png
    8E7D86AB-4762-4C08-842F-1957F2DCE6D4.png
    151.8 KB · Views: 1,101
She's the Caroline C, at anchor in the Manatee River, listing 10 degrees to starboard, and swinging any darn way she pleases...
dw
We saw that boat while anchored up in the Manatee River about 2 months ago. There was an Active Captain Hazard marker for it being sunk at that location!:eek:

Attachments

• 12389364603_56464e590d_h.jpg
    12389364603_56464e590d_h.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Sunk! :facepalm:

No, but maby... Good guess - But, I don't really know!!! :dance:

In similarity to old depleted ship discussed here...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wreck_of_the_Mary_Deare

"The Mary Deare" / "The Wreck of the Mary Deare"

First full book that really captured me and that I read through from first to last page... while in early grade at grammar school. At this moment - Can clearly recall standing in "North School" library isle and seeing its title on cover butt about eye level, then pulling it off shelf to read preface. I was instantly excited. The memory so much impressed [touched] me that as I write this I again sense aromas of the old library and books and what I saw as a bright window in the room as I turned in the isle to head toward main desk. Librarian seemed old with gray and brown curly hair. Rather frumpy but pleasant.

After finishing that book in short order; books about what ever I liked to read became my friends.

Love boats; back then loved any sea stories. :dance:

PS: Mid 30's I stopped reading fiction. Reality books, study books, document books, reports, articles and factual calculations for potential future outcomes fill my life since. As well as ways of "real" entertainment! :thumb:

We took the kayaks around it really is a kool looking old gal

In similarity to old depleted ship discussed here...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wreck_of_the_Mary_Deare

"The Mary Deare" / "The Wreck of the Mary Deare"

First full book that really captured me and that I read through from first to last page... while in early grade at grammar school. At this moment - Can clearly recall standing in "North School" library isle and seeing its title on cover butt about eye level, then pulling it off shelf to read preface. I was instantly excited. The memory so much impressed [touched] me that as I write this I again sense aromas of the old library and books and what I saw as a bright window in the room as I turned in the isle to head toward main desk. Librarian seemed old with gray and brown curly hair. Rather frumpy but pleasant.

After finishing that book in short order; books about what ever I liked to read became my friends.

Love boats; back then loved any sea stories. :dance:

PS: Mid 30's I stopped reading fiction. Reality books, study books, document books, reports, articles and factual calculations for potential future outcomes fill my life since. As well as ways of "real" entertainment! :thumb:

Loved that book as a teen. Fiction is still a fun read although as I age I am finding that truth might indeed be stranger than fiction.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom