Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-06-2018, 03:01 PM   #21
Guru
 
Airstream345's Avatar
 
City: Seattle, WA USA
Country: United States
Vessel Name: FORTITUDE
Vessel Model: Kadey Krogen 54-8
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 785
Found an interesting story about the CAROLINE C here: Gallery | A setting sun casts a warm glow on the 90-foot trawler, Caroline C | Bradenton Herald

and a very cool photo of her: https://www.flickr.com/photos/dcluth...n/photostream/

great lines. anyone know what happened to her?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	12389364603_56464e590d_h.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	74892  
__________________
Advertisement

Airstream345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 06:01 PM   #22
Art
Guru
 
Art's Avatar
 
City: SF Bay Area
Country: USA
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,568
Sunk!













No, but maby... Good guess - But, I don't really know!!!
__________________

Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 06:13 PM   #23
Guru
 
Comodave's Avatar
 
City: Au Gres, MI
Country: US
Vessel Name: Never Say Never
Vessel Model: President 41 DC
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 9,420
I think that it will buff out.
Comodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 09:35 PM   #24
Guru
 
City: New Orleans
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Scot Free
Vessel Model: Cheoy Lee 53' Efficient
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art View Post
John Wayne still Aboard????


That’s a Russian stern trawler. If he is there, he was kidnapped.
McGillicuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 12:32 AM   #25
Art
Guru
 
Art's Avatar
 
City: SF Bay Area
Country: USA
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGillicuddy View Post
That’s a Russian stern trawler. If he is there, he was kidnapped.
However... It has JW's type of hull preference.
Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 06:57 AM   #26
Guru
 
City: Satsuma FL/Daytona Beach Shores
Country: United States
Vessel Name: No Mo Trawla
Vessel Model: Hurricane SS188
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 2,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGillicuddy View Post
That’s a Russian stern trawler.
So now, even the Russians are bringing their derelict boats to Florida.....sigh.
__________________
Buffalo Bluff Light 28
Donsan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 07:16 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
Sugardog's Avatar
 
City: Alexander
Country: USA
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 152
Is she steam?
Sugardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 08:22 AM   #28
Art
Guru
 
Art's Avatar
 
City: SF Bay Area
Country: USA
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,568
In similarity to old depleted ship discussed here...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wr...the_Mary_Deare

"The Mary Deare" / "The Wreck of the Mary Deare"

First full book that really captured me and that I read through from first to last page... while in early grade at grammar school. At this moment - Can clearly recall standing in "North School" library isle and seeing its title on cover butt about eye level, then pulling it off shelf to read preface. I was instantly excited. The memory so much impressed [touched] me that as I write this I again sense aromas of the old library and books and what I saw as a bright window in the room as I turned in the isle to head toward main desk. Librarian seemed old with gray and brown curly hair. Rather frumpy but pleasant.

After finishing that book in short order; books about what ever I liked to read became my friends.

Love boats; back then loved any sea stories.

PS: Mid 30's I stopped reading fiction. Reality books, study books, document books, reports, articles and factual calculations for potential future outcomes fill my life since. As well as ways of "real" entertainment!
Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 09:34 AM   #29
Guru
 
siestakey's Avatar
 
City: Sarasota,FL/Thomasville,GA
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Steppin Stone IV
Vessel Model: Marine Trader Kelly Trawler 46
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,817
Send a message via Skype™ to siestakey
We took the kayaks around it really is a kool looking old gal
__________________
Alan
Skype roatan63
siestakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 12:05 PM   #30
Guru
 
City: New Orleans
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Scot Free
Vessel Model: Cheoy Lee 53' Efficient
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art View Post
In similarity to old depleted ship discussed here...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wr...the_Mary_Deare

"The Mary Deare" / "The Wreck of the Mary Deare"

First full book that really captured me and that I read through from first to last page... while in early grade at grammar school. At this moment - Can clearly recall standing in "North School" library isle and seeing its title on cover butt about eye level, then pulling it off shelf to read preface. I was instantly excited. The memory so much impressed [touched] me that as I write this I again sense aromas of the old library and books and what I saw as a bright window in the room as I turned in the isle to head toward main desk. Librarian seemed old with gray and brown curly hair. Rather frumpy but pleasant.

After finishing that book in short order; books about what ever I liked to read became my friends.

Love boats; back then loved any sea stories.

PS: Mid 30's I stopped reading fiction. Reality books, study books, document books, reports, articles and factual calculations for potential future outcomes fill my life since. As well as ways of "real" entertainment!


Loved that book as a teen. Fiction is still a fun read although as I age I am finding that truth might indeed be stranger than fiction.
McGillicuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 12:06 PM   #31
Guru
 
City: New Orleans
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Scot Free
Vessel Model: Cheoy Lee 53' Efficient
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art View Post
However... It has JW's type of hull preference.


Wasn’t JWs last boat a converted minesweeper? As was Jacques Cousteou’s.
McGillicuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 01:46 PM   #32
Art
Guru
 
Art's Avatar
 
City: SF Bay Area
Country: USA
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGillicuddy View Post
Wasn’t JWs last boat a converted minesweeper? As was Jacques Cousteou’s.
I just meant BIG "retired" govt boat type o' thang... For JW!
Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 04:22 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
Knot Fast's Avatar
 
City: St Petersburg
Country: United States
Vessel Name: Knot Fast
Vessel Model: Great Harbour GH37
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 189
Boat books, fiction

Art, that "old" librarian was probably 40.
I'm with McGillicuddy on still reading fiction. I mostly gave it up in my 30's and 40's for purposeful non-fiction reads.
For me, non-fiction is about understanding things that might matter in the future. Friction is about enjoying myself right now, in the present...

Anyone have a favorite boating book of the fictional type? I found no thread on this topic in the Forum, so I'll start a new one and see if the collective experience can recommend some good reads.
dw
Knot Fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 04:36 PM   #34
Guru
 
alormaria's Avatar
 
City: Trenton
Country: USA
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,242
Farley Mowat's "The boat that wouldn't float".
__________________
Al Johnson
34' Marine Trader
"Angelina"
alormaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 05:54 PM   #35
Guru
 
Nomad Willy's Avatar
 
City: Concrete Washington State
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Willy
Vessel Model: Willard Nomad 30'
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 17,182
Warranty may be up.
__________________
Eric

North Western Washington State USA
Nomad Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 08:57 PM   #36
Guru
 
healhustler's Avatar
 
City: Longboat Key, FL
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Bucky
Vessel Model: Krogen Manatee 36 North Sea
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,989
Every so often, a fine vessel like Caroline catches my romantic fancy and I find myself wondering how it must have looked once upon a time. At least as much detail as I can see on PhotoShop, it must have been something like this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	caroline cleaned.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	140.9 KB
ID:	74941  
__________________
Larry

"When life gets hard, eat marshmallows”.
healhustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 09:07 PM   #37
Art
Guru
 
Art's Avatar
 
City: SF Bay Area
Country: USA
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by healhustler View Post
Every so often, a fine vessel like Caroline catches my romantic fancy and I find myself wondering how it must have looked once upon a time. At least as much detail as I can see on PhotoShop, it must have been something like this.
Larry - Nice rendition!
Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 09:32 PM   #38
Guru
 
Airstream345's Avatar
 
City: Seattle, WA USA
Country: United States
Vessel Name: FORTITUDE
Vessel Model: Kadey Krogen 54-8
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 785
Very cool rendering
__________________
FORTITUDE
Blog: mvfortitude.com
Instagram: @mvfortitude
Airstream345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 07:26 PM   #39
Senior Member
 
Knot Fast's Avatar
 
City: St Petersburg
Country: United States
Vessel Name: Knot Fast
Vessel Model: Great Harbour GH37
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by healhustler View Post
Every so often, a fine vessel like Caroline catches my romantic fancy and I find myself wondering how it must have looked once upon a time. At least as much detail as I can see on PhotoShop, it must have been something like this.
Dang Larry,
Did you finish Bucky and your on to your next project?
What's your Admiral gonna say when she wakes up and sees Caroline C on your dock?
You have confirmed it would be a beautiful boat.
dw
Knot Fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 08:57 PM   #40
Guru
 
healhustler's Avatar
 
City: Longboat Key, FL
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Bucky
Vessel Model: Krogen Manatee 36 North Sea
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knot Fast View Post
Dang Larry,
Did you finish Bucky and your on to your next project?
What's your Admiral gonna say when she wakes up and sees Caroline C on your dock?
You have confirmed it would be a beautiful boat.
dw
Finished! Bucky!? The Admiral says Bucky will be my final and ONLY project. But I still like dreaming.
__________________

__________________
Larry

"When life gets hard, eat marshmallows”.
healhustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2006 - 2012
×