Found a great canvas guy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jamup

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Bay Tripper
Vessel Make
'06 MS 34 Pilot
IMG_1511713494.656105.jpg

We spoke on the phone and I told him what I was looking for, I believe the correct term is a mooring cover. He came and measured the boat, and he gave what I thought was a reasonable price ($1000) and timeframe (two weeks). Two days later I was walking the dog down the dock at night and my boat looked strange. As I got closer I saw that there was a cover on it! I hadn’t even sent the deposit! I finished the dog’s walk and wrote a check that night. Great guy, great company and quality work. I have no affiliation whatsoever other than being a happy customer. Tops By George in Virginia Beach. Highly recommended.

Last edited:
Wow. That is impressive for sure. I’ve had poor luck with canvas people.

View attachment 70721

We spoke on the phone and I told him what I was looking for, I believe the correct term is a mooring cover. He came and measured the boat, and he gave what I thought was a reasonable price ($1000) and timeframe (two weeks). Two days later I was walking the dog down the dock at night and my boat looked strange. As I got closer I saw that there was a cover on it! I hadn’t even sent the deposit! I finished the dog’s walk and wrote a check that night. Great guy, great company and quality work. I have no affiliation whatsoever other than being a happy customer. Tops By George in Virginia Beach. Highly recommended.

Congrats on finding this guy and the outcome .... To me, this appears to be the most convoluted and dishonest marine industry ..... among others .... happy for you ! :) .... fb

Glad you found a good guy. I've been trying to just get a quote from a shop in New Baltimore NY for a flybridge enclosurer with no luck.

Back
Top Bottom