Ford Lehman survey issue help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why would it leak?

I would be concerned that the engine overheated and possibly warped the head. Replacing a gasket but replacing a head $$$$

With a 120, you can retension the head. Might be worth doing it if it`s not been tried, but if ADC praised the mechanic approach and didn`t suggest it, maybe not.

Someone on another forum says the American Diesel phone line is constantly busy- any suggestions on other points of contact there that I can pass on?

Forgive the response, but be patient.

Brian gives everyone the time needed to work through the problem.

To my knowledge it’s just him and one other person. So, set your expectations from there.

He does answer emails, but it’s a 24-48 hour window.

That said, an invaluable resource.

It runs in cycles, some days it is always busy other days he picks up right away. He is great to work with.

I wonder if the 135 has the same issues . American diesel has been a good resource for me. he helped me figure out what engine I had it was a 135 that looked like a 120 . turned out to be an American diesel not a Lehman

I wonder if the 135 has the same issues . American diesel has been a good resource for me. he helped me figure out what engine I had it was a 135 that looked like a 120 . turned out to be an American diesel not a Lehman

If you're referring to the weeping coolant? The 135 has a different head gasket design and differently designed head bolts. So even if the 120 has an issue with weeping coolant, I would say the 135 shouldn't have the same issue.

Ken

Don't give up on American Diesel. I have often had my call answered immediately.
Someone on another forum says the American Diesel phone line is constantly busy- any suggestions on other points of contact there that I can pass on?

That was me. I had a couple of days that the phone was busy constantly. I waited a couple more and got right through.

Not mentioned is the FL120 known for having a circulation problem develop at the #6. It may be rare, but it is known. So then the #6 overheats, the head curls a bit and coolant leaks/weeps. sometimes re torque is enough, other times shave the head.
There is plenty of talk about flushing coolant, this is one of those reason.
I read this on the internet so it must be true.

Back
Top Bottom