Force 10 Stoves Defective knobs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Alaskan Sea-Duction
Vessel Make
1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
A few years back I replaced an old Princess stove with a Force 10 3-burner ceramic top with and oven (Mod 75331).

Almost immediately we started to break the control knobs (P/N 89249). To turn on the burner you have to push on the knob. The problem is a little piece of plastic inside the knob breaks. Now the knob is loose. We have gone through 2 sets of knobs already.

I stuffed some tin foil in the knob and that helped.

Has anyone else had this issue?

What did you do to fix it?

A knob with a metal insert would fix it.

Tom, yes, had the same thing happen. New 110v Force 10 stove, and one of the knobs was inop. Sure Marine in Seattle can connect you with the Vancouver BC Force 10 distributor who will send you a replacement.

Tom, yes, had the same thing happen. New 110v Force 10 stove, and one of the knobs was inop. Sure Marine in Seattle can connect you with the Vancouver BC Force 10 distributor who will send you a replacement.

Thanks Ken. I will surely do that......:facepalm::whistling:

I also sent the company an email.

Must be from cooking all the fish that Kay brings to the boat, lord knows it ain’t you!

Must be from cooking all the fish that Kay brings to the boat, lord knows it ain’t you!

Oh bla bla bla bla Navy!!! I didn't say it wasn't true, just bla bla bla bla

Attachments

• IMG_6074.jpg
    IMG_6074.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 36
  • 66258379_10216982220379098_4593784538903085056_n.jpg
    66258379_10216982220379098_4593784538903085056_n.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_6097.jpg
    IMG_6097.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 37
hahahaha!!!!

Other than the knobs, how do you like the ceramic top? I also have the old princess still. Found a couple 3 burner cooktops (VERY limited options in the 3 burner 110V range) one of them has NO knobs, which is what I was leaning towards.

hahahaha!!!!

Other than the knobs, how do you like the ceramic top? I also have the old princess still. Found a couple 3 burner cooktops (VERY limited options in the 3 burner 110V range) one of them has NO knobs, which is what I was leaning towards.

Well it is 110V so it takes a while to boil water. The Admiral likes it once she got used to the oven. Turning biscuits. If you get one there is a install Princess kit that you will need to buy.

I'm not sure if this will work, it did for me, but for another kind of knob that broke on the inside and lost its grip. There was a circle of plastic that snapped off taking with it the flat part that helped grab the male end of the unit. I got duck tape and completed the circle with it, then used the hot glue gun and injected hot glue into the circle. I let it cool for about 20 - 30 seconds so the glue wouldn't run and just pushed it back on the male end, which meant the glue conformed to the shape of the male end. This knob worked for years afterwards. Mind you I could have bought a new one for $10 but sometimes I like a challenge.

Tom,
Go to Harbor Freight.
Buy mini Vice Grips.
Clamp to male end.
Works forever.
Cool conversation piece.
Ultimate Redneck status achieved.
Send a pic to Force 10 and threaten to post it up in every social media group known to man.
80 knobs sent gratis as hush wampum.
Easy money.

There's the proof that Kay is the ace fisherperson of your family!

What I want to see is the big slab king salmon that Tom caught near Khutze Inlet in Princess Royal Channel in 2019. Have a pic of that fish?

Well it is 110V so it takes a while to boil water. The Admiral likes it once she got used to the oven. Turning biscuits. If you get one there is a install Princess kit that you will need to buy.

ANY part you need for the Force10 and or princess electrics, is going to be VERY EXPENSIVE. Check out the prices of the burner drip pans. For the price asked, one would think they would be stainless steel.

I too was getting fed up with the oven then, someone suggested I check into baking sheets that have an air layer inside. Bed Bath and Beyond
Not one hundred percent but far better than traditional baking sheets.

Thermostat? I set it for about 15 degrees lower than suggested but, still watch

I contacted Force 10 and received an email back. They wanted the range info and pic of the knobs. Lets hope they have fixed the issue and mails me some new knobs...

There's the proof that Kay is the ace fisherperson of your family!

What I want to see is the big slab king salmon that Tom caught near Khutze Inlet in Princess Royal Channel in 2019. Have a pic of that fish?

It wasn't that big. Have no idea what you are talking about on location. Hidden lake and secret mountain!:eek::angel::angel:

Attachments

• king.jpg
    king.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 117
Try Sure Marine - I recently replaced 2 knobs for a Seaward smooth-top and they were under $6 ea. Seward part was a 74250 Knob but they had many variations

I'm wondering if you could find anything to fashion a sleeve or ring to crimp around the plastic to reinforce it? Maybe an uninsulated crimp terminal for a wire Ga close to the dia.
I didn't think about when ours went but sounds like this is a common problem.
As a temp until we got the replacements I used epoxy and a small wire tie to secure the broken plastic piece in place and it worked OK

I always use an oven thermometer in my propane Force 10 oven. Takes the guesswork out, makes baking less exciting but more reliable :)

Us too Sue! I usually like to keep things calm, cool, and collected. Also, I guess, I just enjoy my food too much.
Knock on wood, but the knobs don't seem to be a problem on the propane Force 10??

I always use an oven thermometer in my propane Force 10 oven. Takes the guesswork out, makes baking less exciting but more reliable :)

I too have an oven thermometer. It is all stained over and cannot be read anymore. LOL

The temp drift is unbelievably drift

Takes forever to heat up but there is a kit that will turn on the broiler and the oven element together.

Back
Top Bottom