Folding Electric Bikes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Seevee

Guru
Vessel Make
430 Mainship
Shopping for a folding electric bike that works well on boats. Would like one that would be comfy for at least a 5 mile + run, have the power to go up hills and cruise at least 15 mph. Yet be small enough to fit on a boat.

What have you?

Ive done a little looking around and like boating itself, electric bikes are a lot of compromises. Size is one concern, battery life and power vs weight is another, and bike weight is also a concern.

So far I have not found the right compromise. Guess I'll stick to the pedals.

pete

Trikke

Bought a Trikke Pon-e with a lithum battery, Both of us can ride and a range of 18 miles.Bought it used off e-bay when we were at Marathon last winter. I has a folding Aluminum body and the both of us ride tandem with bags hanging on the bars! Really had a lot of fun on it. Sorry, can't upload video. trikke-pon-e-48v-2wd-electric-scooter.jpg.png

Might want to look at electric scooters (like used by Jump, Lime, etc.). They are quite nice to ride and can go quite a distance. Better on paved surfaces though. There are folding one for commuters that don't take up a whole lot of space.

We settled on a pair of these.

https://www.amazon.com/SWAGTRON-Swagcycle-EB5-Lightweight-Aluminum/dp/B07BNV2Q8H/

They had the right combination of price, weight, storage size, range and speed --- for our needs. RE: scooters - we wanted something we could still pedal, if we had to, if the batteries/electronics crapped out.

We have been very happy with them for about 8 months now. We've run them up to 15 mi before the battery gave out.

Just another data point......

E bike

Company called Bike Friday. I think in Oregon.
They just came out with a 30 some pounder.

Shopping for a folding electric bike that works well on boats. Would like one that would be comfy for at least a 5 mile + run, have the power to go up hills and cruise at least 15 mph. Yet be small enough to fit on a boat.

We considered bikes and now will probably get electric scooters. The better bikes start at about $1500 with all the rust and maintenece. They also come with a $600.00 battery that will need to be replaced. Scooter and a back can be stowed inside and get you 50 miles a charge.

What have you?
Very hard to peddle these bikes due to the seats are very low.

Very hard to peddle these bikes due to the seats are very low.

We "upgraded" ours with longer seat tubes, cushy seats, and riser handlebars - all from other separate amazon vendors.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom