Flybridge Seats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Arch

I love my flybridge. I use it very much as a patio/deck. I sit and read, entertain, listen to music, take naps and yes, drive the boat too.

A couple of years ago I got tired of squirming around on the old fore and aft facing bench seats and put in something a bit more comfortable. Thought I'd share the basic idea.

Arch

Great improvement, Arch. Sometimes I regret that I have built-in furniture on the pilothouse and salon setees. I've seen some aftermarket furniture that would make better use of the space.

Wonderful setup. I have a 1979 Mainship 34 mk1 and have already removed the forward/aft facing seats. I intend to find some pontoon seating that will fit on the flybridge just like yours. Does your flybridge have a camber to it and if so did you need to shim the bases. Also is your seating the kind that needs support for the backs from the railings. And, where did you buy your seats?

Jdud,
Got the seats from Veada. They have several lines, mine are the Regatta's. They are modular so you can fit them to almost any space and you can choose your color combination.

They are free standing and do not require the rail for support. My deck does have a camber but I chose not to shim the seats. They fit in nicely.

Hope that helps,
Arch

Last edited:
Ok, Stud. The wife said, if you want me to spend time on the fly bridge, make me comfortable.
Like the saying I heard this past summer with new friends, " Do you want to be right or do you wanna be happy"
No matter, that is one nice " Love Seat"!
Cheers

Oridanrily I don't care for flybridges because of their affect on the boat's profile,

but yours certainly seems a worthy idea.

Veada makes a full line of pontoon boat seats that I believe have no wood in them anywhere. Mix and match to suit your available space. Everybody that gets these seats loves them. Sturdy construction and reasonably priced.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom