Florida marinas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Loopers made the transient lifestyle choice. It's not the responsibility of local communities to enable that lifestyle choice in an emergency, or under any circumstances for that matter. The health and well being of marina employees come first. Transient boat owners have choices other than escaping to the next "safe" anchorage or continuing on the next leg of their dream"cruise". You won't get much sympathy from locals...including local slip holders, I suspect.

Responsible choices in this time of emergency include finding a permanent slip/mooring and possibly move off the boat, put the boat on the hard, or sell it. Millions of less fortunate are dealing with far more pressing and painful choices. The mayor you cited does not have a responsibility to help you. I doubt his constituents have an interest in helping someone with an expensive yacht who wants to fill up the tank in order to escape to the next pretty anchorage.

Loopers made the transient lifestyle choice. It's not the responsibility of local communities to enable that lifestyle choice in an emergency, or under any circumstances for that matter. The health and well being of marina employees come first. Transient boat owners have choices other than escaping to the next "safe" anchorage or continuing on the next leg of their dream"cruise". You won't get much sympathy from locals...including local slip holders, I suspect.

Responsible choices in this time of emergency include finding a permanent slip/mooring and possibly move off the boat, put the boat on the hard, or sell it. Millions of less fortunate are dealing with far more pressing and painful choices. The mayor you cited does not have a responsibility to help you. I doubt his constituents have an interest in helping someone with an expensive yacht who wants to fill up the tank in order to escape to the next pretty anchorage.

Baaaaaaa baaaaaaaa. ***ole!

If I was committed to stay in a place "under a state of emergency " ....I might cruise canals looking for empty docks,and someone in their backyard with a neighborly attitude.

Yes I know the waterways are technically closed...I bet if you told a water cop the situation, and he saw a lone figure in a dingy, he just might ask but not bother you too much....

The headlines don't equal the actual regulations in many of these cases. Just today Palm Beach and Miami Dade have "banned recreational boating" per headlines, but in reality they've banned the use of ramps and marinas, not waterways...except, they do intend to patrol and break up rafting and attempts to have parties.

In Broward, the ICW is crowded like a holiday, but there isn't the problem of rafting, parties or gathering on sand bars.

Fuel trucks are still delivering.

That's what makes this all so complicated, every county in the country with different rules on every part of it.

Probably why the rules will not be enforced as reported by the media/generally believed if you are following general guidelines and being reasonable.

....Responsible choices in this time of emergency include finding a permanent slip/mooring and possibly move off the boat, put the boat on the hard, or sell it. Millions of less fortunate are dealing with far more pressing and painful choices. The mayor you cited does not have a responsibility to help you. I doubt his constituents have an interest in helping someone with an expensive yacht who wants to fill up the tank in order to escape to the next pretty anchorage.
You have to be kidding! Finding a permanent slip/mooring? Did you not read any of the post? They have literally made that illegal.

Move off the boat? The boat is their home, so just move from your home is the advice you are giving. OK, let's run with that advise anyway. To where? Municipalities all around are saying nobody comes in. No new leases. Some even are now saying if you have a lease that is less than 6 months long (and this is in houses, not marinas) then you have until Tuesday (that's right, 2 days) to move. In other words, "to hell with your lease, get the %$&* out". I'm not kidding. That JUST happened right here in the US. To further demonstrate the stupidity, this was in a community that is largely retirees, an at risk group to begin with. Most of whom will not move themselves. So to abide by this stupid mandate, now you have movers and relatives marching in from all over the place to help the 80-somethings move out. Otherwise they would have just sheltered in place and caused no trouble. BTW, where will they go, anyway?

Also, about that boat from which you moved, just where did you leave it? Remember, you cannot get a slip, nor a haul out. Both of those are now illegal -- literally, illegal.

The mayor has no responsibility to help you say? Actually, nobody is asking for his help. All they ask is that he gets the $%&* out of the way and lets the marina owner rent the slip, or sell the fuel, or fill a water tank. 72 hours ago, they would do just that. Now that the need is somewhat elevated, they actually forbid it. Truly remarkable.

Sell the boat, you say? Really? Despite their ability to float, a boat is not that liquid even in normal times. Imagine how easy it is to sell a 40-60 cruiser that has no mooring, and is at anchor in a bay with nowhere to go, that was not planning on being on the market 24 hours ago. I'm sure boat brokers and lenders are "johnny on the spot" right now, too, as essential services. Oh, wait, I'm sure they are not working at all. That is not being critical, either. Why would they? Who's buying?

Finally, your last line..... "escape to the next pretty anchorage" is truly remarkable. Again, did you not read any of this? That is not what they are doing. They are trying to find where they can subsist, not go on vacation. They just want to live somewhere, but they are being turned away.

Rufus, if you ever need someone to show one ounce of compassion, I do hope you are not surrounded by people just like you.

Last edited:
If I interpreted your erudite response correctly, I believe you're short one asterisk.
Actually, we all got it anyway, Captain Max. Even before you typed a single character, I suspect most of us were already there.

Last edited:
I hope I am not surrounded by the hopeless....

Actually, we all got it anyway. Even before he typed a single character, I suspect most of us were already there.

Not me....I understand where a tiny percentage of boaters are out in the cold so to speak......a few cruisers whom I think should be able to handle this without so much hoopla.

I may be in a similar situation in about a nonth....I am preparing for it, not worrying about it.

...That's what makes this all so complicated, every county in the country with different rules on every part of it.
Yes, and it is changing so quickly. It makes it nearly impossible to have a contingency plan. What looks like it would be prudent one minute is now illegal the next.

I think BandBs point that while complicated, it's the reporting that elevates it way beyond reality.

His first paragraph is telling and the point about fuel trucks makes options available.

There does seem to be fewer folks cruising .

Usually the folks here have their hurricane hole docks fully rented , now not so much.

I am guessing cruisers are going home with their boats to use as isolation shelters .

In Italy the internet rumor is the hospitals are turning away those over 60.

Who knows?

In a south Florida marina yesterday a cruiser came in. Instead of fellow boaters offering to catch a line, here is what happened. Boaters on an adjacent dock were yelling things like: "You cannot come in here", "Get out of here", "You are breaking the law", and things like that. Nobody yelling knew if that boater had any mechanical issues, needed water, food, etc. They also didn't care. I am embarrassed to call myself a boater if those people are also boaters. The boat came in and tied up anyway. There should not be a single empty slip the state right now. There are cruisers out there that need a place to land.

And this info came from where?

And yes, not everyone in society is a role model....on either side of this coin.

If it was urgent..unless someone pulled a gun, hard to believe anyone would actually listen to them.....I would wait for the marina or police to ask me to leave....IF I really needed to be there.

SO much stuff flying around is being overinflated...like this story without a lot more details.

If boaters are becoming critical, some phone calls to authorities may initiate alternatives...do we know of anyone who has tried?

Last edited:
Not me....I understand where a tiny percentage of boaters are out in the cold so to speak......a few cruisers whom I think should be able to handle this without so much hoopla.

I may be in a similar situation in about a nonth....I am preparing for it, not worrying about it.
Preparation is good, and from your posts on here I know you will prepare well. You have the luxury of time -- a month as you said.

Work through this exercise in your head, though. Instead of preparing for a month from your familiar surroundings, consider anchoring out in an area with which you are not that familiar. Instead of preparing for a month, do it in 72 hours -- in addition to the other things you needed to do in that same 72 hours before the world went crazy. You had plenty to do already, right? Assume where you were going to provision is no longer an option. Assume the closest 3 places you had been taking your dinghy in are now off limits. Assume that where you were going to go in (you were going to need water soon anyway, so you had plans) just cancelled your reservation. That text came in while you were getting turned away from the back up dinghy dock. Assume you need to spend about 20 of those remaining 72 hours to prepare by being on the phones/Internet trying to form a back up plan. Assume your back up plan comes together in only 10 hours, not 20 -- great, that's a bonus. Then assume your back up plan falls apart because new information surfaced and they are no longer open to your arrival. They didn't even call you. You just saw online a notice that Marina X is now closed -- no boaters in or out. Now form back up plan C, but keep preparing, too. Ignore that new sound/vibration that started coming from your generator this morning. No biggie. You can fix it. You know what it is. You have the spares. You are prepared. It will just take a couple of hours... maybe more. Probably more. You know how these things go. You can deal with it tonight. There is not much else to do, right? Now, start making dingy trips, to an unknown place, to get part of what you need for provisions. Dinghy right on by 3 marinas that have everything you need. They not only have everything you need, but they would like to sell it to you. You would like to buy it. This should be easy, right? Win/win! Sorry, they are forced to turn you away -- they cannot let you in. So keep rowing, looking for that elusive spot you have heard you can land your dinghy, to walk an extra 2 miles to get where you need to buy a few things. Forget that the dinghy dock you could have used is only 100 yards away from the place you are going --but you cannot use it now. You'll see it from there, in an hour or two, but you cannot use it.

Oh, you now have 31 hours remaining.... keep preparing. Oh, wait, stop preparing. Get back on the phones. There is still no solid plan. Where are you headed?

As you have said above, it is not impossible. Not at all. It is just much harder. All I am suggesting is that if anyone has a slip available, or can help a boater out that is stuck out there and a little stressed, then please chime in somewhere and make that slip known.

It's not for us. At least not for now. We don't need anything. We were fortunate, and are told we are fine here. That can change, though, as it has for others. I am asking boaters to be a little compassionate and help other boaters if you can. If you know of a private slip someone could use, then please offer it up to someone. They will be happy to pay you for it. As stated earlier, I am more than willing to help coordinate getting a stranded boater in touch with a slip/dock holder. We have helped a couple of boaters already. I would like to do more of it. With some communication this is not that hard to solve. Without communication, and without compassion for those that are stuck and stressed, it is far more difficult than it needs to be.

And this info came from where?

SO much stuff flying around is being overinflated...like this story without a lot more details.
For those who doubted this happened, here is a link. All the details you want are right there. This is likely the worst example. It is just amazing that community decision makers could be this stupid. If these people actually abide by the new mandate, just imagine how much additional exposure they are creating by getting these people, most of whom are older and winter there each year, to move out. Movers, family members to help, etc.... none of which would have been necessary. Truly remarkable.

Also, as a homeowner, how pissed would you be. Mr./Mrs. Jones have rented your home there for 11 winters in a row. Now, the community "leaders" are kicking them out, despite the fact that you have a lease with them. Lost rental income, and they will never be back.

https://keysweekly.com/42/kcb-sends-snowbirds-home/

If you noted what I posted...I didn't say it wasn't true....I said ignoring the public versus authoritarian figures was proably the prudent action IF you truly needed something.

Again...the landside of this emergency is full of people and agencies trying to help...just because you are on the water doesn't mean you will be turned away or ignored (IF YOU TRULY NEED SOMETHING CRITICAL).

Reach out or test a "limit" you might just be amazed at how quickly "rules" laws are overlooked to help a vessel in need.

Your examples are still so limited on accessing possible resources....if you are TRUELY IN NEED....have you called the USCG? Assistance towers? Yacht Clubs? USCGAUX?...etc...etc....

As far as "off limits" who says they apply to dingies. My city marina is "closed to transients" but no word on the dingy dock. As far as coming in for groceries, water, fuel or medical...no restraints that I know of oter than try and keep the 6 foot social distancing.

You say I ave a month of luxurious time to plan...heck the rules change as fast for me as anyone.... I just guess I think out of the box faster. It might be one of my few gifts...but in reality...I still say the average cruiser (not the guy who bought a boat and went on the loop for his first serious cruise) should look at this as an inconvenience rather than a nail biter (as of now).

Come up the coast a bit past Miami and the world might be a little different.

Last edited:
The marina incident is likely from the poor us looper network. The vagabond element is happy (even boasts about) living off-grid on the cheap (while leveraging necessary elements of the infrastructure that is largely kept alive by locals). They avoid taxes, clutter up local anchorages and restaurants and squeeze local vacationers out of transient slips when they need to take on free water and dump their garbage. Now they play the suffering victim and break laws. Boohoo. Fine them, and charge them triple for fuel and slips. Give the overcharge to charitable institutions.

Last edited:
The marina incident is likely from the poor us looper network. The vagabond element is happy (even boasts about) living off-grid on the cheap (while leveraging necessary elements of the infrastructure that is largely kept alive by locals). They avoid taxes, clutter up local anchorages and restaurants and squeeze local vacationers out of transient slips when they need to take on free water and dump their garbage. Now they play the suffering victim and break laws. Boohoo. Fine them, and charge them triple for fuel and slips. Give the overcharge to charitable institutions.

The boat coming in had a local port of call (about 25 miles away). The people yelling at them were long term slip holders. It was pretty disgraceful.

Disgraceful? Might want to know some more facts as it could have been a poor report of the incident, a misunderstanding on both/either side, or if on the money, the dock holders may have been just trying to attain what they were responsible for....closed private property.

PS.....I didn't see in the article where anyone yelled anything.

Last edited:

Pretty sure what you recommend above is called "discrimination", and is prohibited by Federal Law . . . .

Also, "avoiding" taxes is perfectly legal, and smart business sense!:thumb: "EVADING" taxes is illegal. You may have intended to say they were EVADING taxes, instead of AVOIDING taxes.

Suggest you google "evading taxes vs avoiding taxes". Some interesting reading, all of which negates any validity to your reference above . . .

These same SMART "vagabond element(s)" are pumping needed money into local anchorages and restaurants, fuel docks, etc.

You also appear to be pointing out that your self proclaimed "vagabond element" is smarter than you are, . . . I sense a lot of pent up anger in your posts.

Question: Are mental health counselors and/or therapists considered essential services? If not, you may want to consider engaging one, as long as it is local and you are not a "vagabond element" venturing more than 10 miles away from your home to engage those services!:lol:

Seriously, are there better ways to handle many of these situation? Yes, I'm sure there are. Does any one person have all the answers to the issues being raised? No, they don't. I agree that full time live aboards, just like full time RV'ers are feeling that they are falling into the cracks in all of this. Perhaps a better approach would be to write/call in to your local municipality and presenting a well thought out, reasonable alternative to what they may have proposed, or enacted. Or ask that a hotline be established for case to case exemptions to local decisions. THAT would be helpful.

(Quote) In the words of the Fort Lauderdale Police, "Get on the ground, face down, do it now" (Quote) (I know this was suppose to be humor)

Is this where we are headed as a society? A police state? A society of people who turn on our neighbors? If so we are certainly doomed. Once society has decided that some are this or that and don't deserve any services or help then it could happen to any of us.

Personally now I'm more scared of people than the virus.

Last edited:
My experiences so far during this pandemic are like I have experienced my whole life.

Don't appear like or act as a threat.

Be clear and concise you need help.

The vast majority of time for my last 60 years it has worked unless I know I was pushing some limit.

I firmly believe this tactic will still work most of the time.... every person I deal with is cautious, but helpful.

Now more than ever it is time to think outside the box. Every survival school taught me where there is a will there is a way.

Last edited:
If you noted what I posted...I didn't say it wasn't true....I said ignoring the public versus authoritarian figures was proably the prudent action IF you truly needed something.

Again...the landside of this emergency is full of people and agencies trying to help...just because you are on the water doesn't mean you will be turned away or ignored (IF YOU TRULY NEED SOMETHING CRITICAL).
There is no need to let it get critical. Just let a boater come in and buy stuff. It was so simple until 72 hours ago when some of these municipalities and counties went nuts.

Reach out or test a "limit" you might just be amazed at how quickly "rules" laws are overlooked to help a vessel in need.
Why put them in a position of need or to test a limit? This is so simple to avoid.

Your examples are still so limited on accessing possible resources....if you are TRUELY IN NEED....have you called the USCG? Assistance towers? Yacht Clubs? USCGAUX?...etc...etc....
I think you are still missing this point, but I will try to convey it one more time:

We are fine! Others are stuck outside while slips sit empty, fuel pumps sit idle, etc. and that is the shame of it all. Marinas would like to have the revenue. The cruisers would like to provide the revenue in exchange for goods and services, to the benefit of all. As far as I know, a yacht club is still governed by the county and municipality in which it resides. And, no, I doubt if these folks stuck outside have called the coast guard. Why would they do that? It would be a ridiculous use of resources. They work things out and solve their own problems, but it has been made needlessly more difficult.

As far as "off limits" who says they apply to dingies. My city marina is "closed to transients" but no word on the dingy dock. As far as coming in for groceries, water, fuel or medical...no restraints that I know of oter than try and keep the 6 foot social distancing.
It applies to dinghies. If your local marina is located in Morgan, Miami-Dade, Palm Beach, or many other counties/municipalities, then they cannot allow the dinghy to come in. It is just so stupid.

You say I ave a month of luxurious time to plan...heck the rules change as fast for me as anyone.... I just guess I think out of the box faster. It might be one of my few gifts...but in reality...I still say the average cruiser (not the guy who bought a boat and went on the loop for his first serious cruise) should look at this as an inconvenience rather than a nail biter (as of now).
Actually it was you who said you have a month in your prior post. That was not my premise. It was yours.

It is great that you believe you have the ability to think faster than others. It is a good quality. Humility is another good one. :)

I agree the situation is an inconvenience for now. An inconvenience is fine. An unnecessary inconvenience that wastes so much time and resources is infuriating. Why accept that as good enough, when it is so easily avoided? All the authorities had to do was simply to do nothing with these marinas... just let a boater rent a slip or buy fuel or tie to dinghy dock to get provisions. Easy. Simple. But they even screwed that up. How do you screw that up? These are some of the most socially distanced people in the country -- cruisers at anchor. BTW, none of the cruisers we have spoken to are panicking that I know of. You may find it hard to believe, but they may be as capable as you or even more so! Sure, their slower-moving minds (relative to yours) adds to the difficulty, but they are calm and cool as far as I can tell. Most have been boating for a few decades, so perhaps that helps overcome their relative inferior mental capacity that must surely plague them.

Come up the coast a bit past Miami and the world might be a little different.
Yes, head north... again...but carefully. Nonessential travel is not allowed, but who would stop them, really? I know a boater that did "come up the coast a bit" as Monroe County was getting restrictive and they did not meet the requirements to stay legally. Miami area was still open when they left, but not when they arrived. That change took place while that cruiser was "coming up the coast a bit", after making the fairly difficult to decision to move from where they were. On the way, Miami-Dade went nuts, but they are not allowed to back to Monroe and cannot get in anywhere. So they were stuck out unnecessarily. They are fine for now, but it is just stupid, really. Palm Beach County also closed them all, too, so one better not go too far north, right? Broward, at least the last I heard, exempted marinas from the closures, so perhaps there is a sweet spot. Will it change?
I added my thoughts above in red. I'm not even sure we are arguing at this point. How could we possibly disagree? The point is that some cruisers' lives were made more difficult by this and it was completely unnecessary. My 2nd point is that if anyone has a slip that is legal to snag, pipe up and let some boater who could use it know about it. What is wrong with that? Finally, I hope to draw some attention to this matter because the overreactions and related mandates can do harm and put boaters at risk. Let's hope they stop soon and common sense prevails. So far that seems unlikely.

Pretty sure what you recommend above is called "discrimination", and is prohibited by Federal Law . . . .

Also, "avoiding" taxes is perfectly legal, and smart business sense!:thumb: "EVADING" taxes is illegal. You may have intended to say they were EVADING taxes, instead of AVOIDING taxes.

Suggest you google "evading taxes vs avoiding taxes". Some interesting reading, all of which negates any validity to your reference above . . .

These same SMART "vagabond element(s)" are pumping needed money into local anchorages and restaurants, fuel docks, etc.

You also appear to be pointing out that your self proclaimed "vagabond element" is smarter than you are, . . . I sense a lot of pent up anger in your posts.

Question: Are mental health counselors and/or therapists considered essential services? If not, you may want to consider engaging one, as long as it is local and you are not a "vagabond element" venturing more than 10 miles away from your home to engage those services!:lol:

Seriously, are there better ways to handle many of these situation? Yes, I'm sure there are. Does any one person have all the answers to the issues being raised? No, they don't. I agree that full time live aboards, just like full time RV'ers are feeling that they are falling into the cracks in all of this. Perhaps a better approach would be to write/call in to your local municipality and presenting a well thought out, reasonable alternative to what they may have proposed, or enacted. Or ask that a hotline be established for case to case exemptions to local decisions. THAT would be helpful.

The word "avoid" was chosen precisely because the vagabond element is always quick to make the distinction...and by golly, you just did. Further, they like to point out that living on the edge of society and letting the other suckers pay taxes for infrastructure makes them SMARTER than everyone else (you're two for two). Sorry, but stiffing the locals is not something to be proud of or brag about.

The notion that "cruisers" pump considerable funds into local communities is fake PR. A large element in the cruiser segment are "frugal" (part of the SMART thing). More often than not they congregate at the marina picnic areas and cook out....if they stay in a slip at all. They drink on board if they can't get away with it in the shared areas ashore. The small quantity of fuel for a 40-50' boat has never been a big profit item. It barely covers the cost of maintaining the system and paying the operator.

Of course I'm mentally unhinged....must be if I'm not sympathetic to the plight of such SMART full time cruisers who failed to plan for a situation that's been brewing for months. Ironic that they're clamoring to get into facilities that they systematically avoided in times past.

Last edited:

I don't think so.

To the best of my knowledge (and I could be wrong) but U.S. federal law protects individuals from discrimination or harassment based on the following nine protected classes: sex, race, age, disability, color, creed, national origin, religion, or genetic information

It doesn't make it right, things can still be morally or ethically wrong, and still be legal. It also could be covered under state law, but I don't think it is 'discrimination' under federal law.

Jim

The word "avoid" was chosen precisely because the vagabond element is always quick to make the distinction...and by golly, you just did. Further, they like to point out that living on the edge of society and letting the other suckers pay taxes for infrastructure makes them SMARTER than everyone else (you're two for two). Sorry, but stiffing the locals is not something to be proud of or brag about.

The notion that "cruisers" pump considerable funds into local communities is fake PR. A large element in the cruiser segment are "frugal" (part of the SMART thing). More often than not they congregate at the marina picnic areas and cook out....if they stay in a slip at all. They drink on board if they can't get away with it in the shared areas ashore. The small quantity of fuel for a 40-50' boat has never been a big profit item. It barely covers the cost of maintaining the system and paying the operator.

Of course I'm mentally unhinged....must be if I'm not sympathetic to the plight of such SMART full time cruisers who failed to plan for a situation that's been brewing for months. Ironic that they're clamoring to get into facilities that they systematically avoided in times past.
Now I think I see what might be happening here. I'll give it a shot, anyway.

I think you are confusing a "cruiser" with the owners of the derelict vessels that plague some areas, or even with the homeless, or some other group that somehow angers you. For some those groups evoke empathy, for you anger. I see both sides of that for sure.

While I am sure it is not intended, it is an insult to most of the people on this forum when you describe a cruiser as one participating in the actions described in your post. So, perhaps it is just a matter of semantics, but I would not call the actions you describe as those of a cruiser. Not even close.

Nothing in your description above fits ANY of the great people we have associated with while cruising. I doubt if it fits many of the great folks on Trawler Forum while visiting new areas, either. The folks with whom we spend time while boating absolutely do pump a tremendous amount of money into the local economies they visit. You call that fake PR. PR? Really? Paid for by whom? To what end? It makes no sense to even suggest it. They go to a marina, a bar, a restaurant, a museum, etc. and pay for the privilege to do so. They book marinas for months at a time, or weeks. They fly in and out to go manage their business or visit their grandkids. They rent cars, or use Uber. They tip well. They visit farmers markets. They rent a condo and fly their family in. They volunteer.

You suggest they somehow pay no taxes. They pay dearly in income taxes, property taxes, and taxes and taxes and taxes (way more than the proverbial "fair share"). They own businesses and employ others. They are generous, and sometimes to a fault. In my experience, these are people that inspire, that give, that enjoy life. They are the people that make up Trawler Forum, too.

I hope it is just a difference in the definition of cruiser. If not, then the most accurate words in your post would be the first 5 words in your final paragraph. I suspect, though, it is a matter of your definition of a cruiser differing from most. Seriously, that almost has to be the explanation here.

Last edited:
I added my thoughts above in red. I'm not even sure we are arguing at this point. How could we possibly disagree? The point is that some cruisers' lives were made more difficult by this and it was completely unnecessary. My 2nd point is that if anyone has a slip that is legal to snag, pipe up and let some boater who could use it know about it. What is wrong with that? Finally, I hope to draw some attention to this matter because the overreactions and related mandates can do harm and put boaters at risk. Let's hope they stop soon and common sense prevails. So far that seems unlikely.

Everyone's life is made difficult by what is going on, starting the Covid 19. Cruisers are a small part of it. I don't know any one not impacted. I'm impacted as a businessman, as a resident of South Florida, up to 614 cases, over half of those in the state and an update in 30 minutes, but those working in our grocery stores are the ones having a really challenge, still not as bad though as the medical professionals. They're the ones at significant risk and their lives disrupted in so many ways.

One other group of impacted persons I think of is family members of those with Covid 19 who can't go with them to the Hospital, can't visit, can't spend the night with them. And in some cases there have been deaths and even immediate family couldn't go to the funeral, had to do that online.

While it's rare at this point, there have also been those who lost multiple family members to Covid 19.

Oh, and marinas in Broward County are not shut down, only the city owned Marinas.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom