Florida Boat Yard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boldagain

Hello! Does anyone recommend an awesome boat yard to have my vessel painted in South Florida? Thanks

I had my boat repainted at River Forest in Stuart. They sub everything out but there subs are very good. I was satisfied. Also I would have not problem recommending A&J in Manatee Pocket that is considered Stuart. On the west coast Owl Creek has a good reputation for paint work. I have used them for other things and I would return.

Which coast, how far south, and how big your boat? Most yards have Independent contractors. There’s some great painters here. Cracker Boy in Ft. Pierce has a guy that lays some real nice paint. Owl Creek on the West Coast (east of Ft. Myers) is known for their quality paint jobs. Rybovitch in West Palm Beach is the tits for super yachts, and Roscioli in Ft. Lauderdale is well regarded. I’ve also seen some great paint jobs done on the super cheap in Miami where auto painters came in and throughly prepped the boats for weeks, then a guy came in with a spray gun and shot it using bottles of compressed air (because compressors weren’t allowed), but it’s probably best (but not totally necessary)that you can speak Spanish to make that happen. There’s a certain social grace in doing business in Miami which I love. First you stop at any of the local cafes with walk up windows (note the orange colored cooler of water), and order a colada, which is a cup of Cuban coffee, grab about 6 little paper thimble cups to go with it. Then at every place you go, you offer them a cafecito (shot)from your cup. Dad say’s that it’s like how everybody did with lines of coke back in the seventies. It’s how you make friends. He also says the coffee is actually stronger. Trust me-it (cafecito)works. That, and carry a paper sack with you. They’ll figure it’s cash, and you’re for real.

Last edited:
Would really help if you further defined south FL, the length, beam and what you want painted.
There is Hinkley in Stuart. They have a big paint shed.... fully enclosed.

Back
Top Bottom