Florida Bareboat Trawler Rental

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stanfromhell

Vessel Name
Summer Wind
Vessel Make
Bayliner 4788
The Admiral and I are seriously considering renting a 40' or so Trawler for 3 months somewhere in the Florida area next winter. We are very experienced PNW boaters and currently own a Bayliner 4788. If anyone can provide insight on where to source a bareboat Trawler or if you have previously rented one and can give us some advice on things like must see places, good affordable marinas to tie up, places where fellow liveaboard boaters congregate etc etc it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Check with Southwest Florida Yachts. Don’t have any experience with them so I cannot say good or bad.

There is also Chitwood Charters in Sarasota. We used them twice.

Several years ago I chartered from Southwest Florida Yachts, and found them to be somewhat better than the run-of-the-mill charter outfit. Their service was responsive, and the level of maintenance on the boats was pretty good.

Thought Chitwood had gone out of business years ago, but now I see they have a small ad in the back of Southern Boating.

Southwest and Chitwood both have excellent reputations.

We chartered a 40' Mainship from SWF Yachts two years ago and it was a great experience. Great area (Ft. Myers/Cape Coral) and well run business.

Back
Top Bottom