Flemings really do anchor out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Everyone here needs to wind their necks in a bit!

Perhaps I missed it but what kind of boat do you have? Some detail would be nice.

More than one, but the boat we're on at the moment and our loop boat is a Sunseeker Manhattan 65. It's the same as the 63 but galley down and slightly longer than the 66. The LOA is 69'4". WOT is 32 knots, cruise is 26-28. I would grade the build quality above average, perhaps a 4 on a 1 to 5. We've had no real issues with it but none with any boat we've purchased new.

Nice boat. A friend at our YC also has a Sunseeker. I'm not sure of the model but it is over 60'. I love the garage for his tender.

Nice boat. A friend at our YC also has a Sunseeker. I'm not sure of the model but it is over 60'. I love the garage for his tender.

We don't have the garage as we needed the space but it's got a very wide platform which carries the RIB well. Sunseeker has two series in that size range, the Predator's which are without flybridge and the Manhattan with flybridge. The 63 and 65 Manhattan have been dropped with the new 66.

Sunseeker

+'s
+Solid build
+Very good ride and performance
+Spacious for it's length
+Delivered in very good shape with everything properly working, no post delivery issues
+Use of quality parts, equipment, rails, etc.
+Choice of engines and drives
+Options on garage or lazarette or crew cabin

-'s
-Historically they have issues with spidering gelcoats. Now, we were told they had addressed the issue and haven't seen any yet. We considered painting when new but decided to wait until we saw how it does. The issue was attributed to the cold damp conditions of the UK. Time will tell. We haven't seen spidering on any year models 2012 or later so perhaps solved. On 2005-2009 or so saw a lot of it.
-Light socket quality and standard bulbs, so we replaced them all and put in all LED's when new. We had no problems, but that was a criticism we were familiar with on the boats.

Pretty hard not to love her? Anchored next to us last year in the Gulf Islands.

Attachments

• fleming-8280533.jpg
    fleming-8280533.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 52
Back
Top Bottom