fishing along the Loop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alaska may be the only one or one of the few states that includes the freezer contents right in the laws now. It was discussed a year or two ago here when that law was passed.

If you have a few fillets in the freezer..probably no red flag, a chest freezer with nothing but fish fillets in it....be prepared for some in depth questions... :)

Last edited:
Its been a while since I paid attention to these things, but a few years ago, when I was a diver with a lobster license, I believe that violating catch size limits meant they could confiscate your boat. If your boat was on a trailer at the time, they could take your truck too. Even if you ignore the fact that catch and size limits exist for a very good reason, its just not worth it to lose your boat.

Its been a while since I paid attention to these things, but a few years ago, when I was a diver with a lobster license, I believe that violating catch size limits meant they could confiscate your boat. If your boat was on a trailer at the time, they could take your truck too. Even if you ignore the fact that catch and size limits exist for a very good reason, its just not worth it to lose your boat.

Benthic,

True, at least back in the 70s and 80s. I had a commercial lobster license back then and operated in the Keys. I only dove for them, no traps. And there were times that the LEOs would dive into the water and check you underwater. Absolute BS, and had a pretty good fight with one. Talked them out of going to jail, but they were really stretching the regs. They can be AHs and have a lot of power.

And, yes, they can take you boat and car. Had an acquaintance that went thru that and cost him $1500 (back in the 70s).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom