Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-22-2013, 12:56 PM   #1
Veteran Member
City: Saint Petersburg
Country: US
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 36

For those of you who are traveling a lot whether doing the Great Loop, Bahamas, or anywhere, what do you do about fishing license? Do you purchase a temporary one where ever you are and want to fish? What is the normal procedure for the different areas you go?

swampgatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:33 PM   #2
Tidahapah's Avatar
City: Mooloolaba
Country: Australia
Vessel Name: Tidahapah
Vessel Model: Bert Ellis Timber motor cruiser
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,825
Fishing in Australia you don't need a lic unless you are fishing in the freshwater or impoundments and then you require a lic that is easily obtainable online.
I know other places are different and the lucky country won't stay this way for ever, they are comming to get us and make us pay you can be sure of that.
Either that or they just close it up and call it a marine park with the help and a push from the PEW foundation.

"When I die I hope my wife doesn't sell my toys for what I told her I paid for them"
Money: It's made round to go round , not flat to stack.
"Get out and do it"
Tidahapah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:59 PM   #3
swampu's Avatar

City: Biloxi, MS
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Cajun Rose
Vessel Model: Biloxi Lugger
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,365
I haven't done any of the big trips but most of the fishing lic can be purchased on the phone with a credit card. Basically, If your in the fish you can call it in. You don't wan't to spend money for fishing, just save the money for when your catching!
swampu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:33 PM   #4
JAT's Avatar
Country: US
Vessel Name: Just a Tinch
Vessel Model: Gulfstar 44 MC
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 595

Coming back by boat into FL waters....important..

Saltwater fishing in FL waters:

FWC - Saltwater Fishing
JAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:24 AM   #5
TF Site Team
Larry M's Avatar
City: JAX, FL
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Hobo
Vessel Model: Krogen 42-120
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 8,966
If you fish in US salt waters and do not hold a valid state salt water fishing license, you may need to register with NOAA to be legal to fish in Federal waters.
Larry M is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2006 - 2012