Old 09-26-2020, 11:22 AM   #1
Guru

City: Inside Passage Summer/Columbia River Winter
Vessel Name: Alaskan Sea-Duction
Vessel Model: 1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
Fisheries Discount for RBAW Members

10% discount but you would need to join RBAW.

Thu, Sep 24 at 11:32 AM

Member Communication

Hello RBAW Members,

Great news, the RBAW Fisheries discount is now available to use online as well as in store!!

Fisheries new club discount program will replace the existing process where you showed your RBAW membership card at the counter.

YOU WILL NEED TO CREATE A PERSONAL FISHERIES ACCOUNT ONLINE TO GET THE RBAW DISCOUNT

Follow the instructions below – it is very easy!

Once complete, you can see discounted prices online – and when in store you’ll give them your name at checkout to access the RBAW discount.

Fisheries has asked that we transition to this new process ASAP as they won’t be accepting your RBAW Membership card at the counter going forward.

Thank you,

RBAW

INSTRUCTIONS

Go to https://www.fisheriessupply.com/rbaw

- You will see the page below . . .

- Click the START HERE button on website and walk through the steps to create a Fisheries account, the RBAW discount will be applied to purchases. You will need to enter the RBAW promo code, it is Sucia55
- If you already have a Fisheries account with no club discounts you can now link it to the RBAW discount. Use the link above and LOGIN to your existing account, the RBAW promo code is Sucia55
- If you encounter any issues, go to the CUSTOMER SERVICE button then HELP CENTER in upper right-hand corner of the Fisheries website.
You only need to register once on the Club Signup page. Below is a sample of the page indicating you have successfully joined the club - Happy shopping!

RBAW is Funded by Supporters like You

Thank you for your membership!! Your support helps fund all the initiatives mentioned above.

If you have friends or family that love boating, please ask them to join RBAW
Alaskan Sea-Duction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 11:25 AM   #2
Guru

City: Pahrump, NV
Vessel Name: Pairadice
Vessel Model: Sold Selene 47
Thanks Buddy!
Crusty Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 11:45 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

City: Au Gres, MI
Vessel Name: Black Dog
Vessel Model: Formula 41PC
Just curious, what is RBAW?
Comodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 12:38 PM   #4
Guru

City: Duvall, Wa. USA
Vessel Name: Beach Music II
Vessel Model: 2003 Mainship 430 Trawler
Recreational Boating Association of Washington. They are the lobbying group for Washington boaters. They also purchased Sucia Island in the San Juans and donated it to the state to keep it out of the hands of developers (with the help of many local yacht clubs, mine included)
porman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 03:03 PM   #5
GFC
Guru

City: Tri Cities, WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by porman View Post
They also purchased Sucia Island in the San Juans and donated it to the state to keep it out of the hands of developers (with the help of many local yacht clubs, mine included)
I have belonged to RBAW for many years and so have every member of our club. We're a 100% membership club and have been for years.

I did not know that RBAW and other clubs purchased Sucia Island. That's our favorite spot to anchor out in the San Juans.
Old 09-26-2020, 04:06 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

City: Au Gres, MI
Vessel Name: Black Dog
Vessel Model: Formula 41PC
Quote:
Recreational Boating Association of Washington. They are the lobbying group for Washington boaters. They also purchased Sucia Island in the San Juans and donated it to the state to keep it out of the hands of developers (with the help of many local yacht clubs, mine included)
I figured it was something like that, thanks for the explanation.
Comodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 05:36 PM   #7
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFC View Post
I have belonged to RBAW for many years and so have every member of our club. We're a 100% membership club and have been for years.

I did not know that RBAW and other clubs purchased Sucia Island. That's our favorite spot to anchor out in the San Juans.
They also purchased a marina not to long ago.
Old 09-26-2020, 05:38 PM   #8
Guru

The predecessor to RBAW was founded in the early 50's and was called the Puget Sound Interclub Association. The story is that one night while at the Rainier Yacht Club bar, the founders were discussing why they weren't getting many new members. After much alcohol consumption they decided they needed "Boating" in the name. The rest is history. There are two plaques on Sucia. One, in Fossil Bay, lists all the clubs responsible for the purchase of Sucia. The other is on the point to port entering Fossil Bay. "Ev Henry Point" is named after Everett (Ev) Henry, past Commodore of the Rainier Yacht Club and first president of what is now RBAW. We at Rainier are very proud of what he and the other founders accomplished. Without them Sucia would just be another island full of expensive homes.
Old 09-26-2020, 10:41 PM   #9
Guru

Quote:
The predecessor to RBAW was founded in the early 50's and was called the Puget Sound Interclub Association. The story is that one night while at the Rainier Yacht Club bar, the founders were discussing why they weren't getting many new members. After much alcohol consumption they decided they needed "Boating" in the name. The rest is history. There are two plaques on Sucia. One, in Fossil Bay, lists all the clubs responsible for the purchase of Sucia. The other is on the point to port entering Fossil Bay. "Ev Henry Point" is named after Everett (Ev) Henry, past Commodore of the Rainier Yacht Club and first president of what is now RBAW. We at Rainier are very proud of what he and the other founders accomplished. Without them Sucia would just be another island full of expensive homes.
Isn't their current project buying a marina?
Old 09-26-2020, 11:40 PM   #10
Guru

They were trying to buy Lakebay Marina in the South Sound and make it part of Penrose Point State Park, but the deadline was some time in September and I haven't heard what happened.
Old 09-29-2020, 11:28 AM   #11
Guru

Quote:
They were trying to buy Lakebay Marina in the South Sound and make it part of Penrose Point State Park, but the deadline was some time in September and I haven't heard what happened.
I saw a note that the deal for the marina crashed. RBAW requested another extention in order to raise the money. Seller agreed to the extention, but the price of the property doubled to $3.??? Million
Old 09-29-2020, 09:40 PM   #12
Guru

The original agreement was for a purchase price of 1.24 million dollars. When RBAW requested an extension the owner raised his asking price to 3.135 million. That's a 250 percent increase. Now the marina will continue to fall apart and and the owner will get nothing.
Old 09-30-2020, 02:26 PM   #13
Guru

Quote:
The original agreement was for a purchase price of 1.24 million dollars. When RBAW requested an extension the owner raised his asking price to 3.135 million. That's a 250 percent increase. Now the marina will continue to fall apart and and the owner will get nothing.
Sadly, WA DNR will shut them down.
Old 09-30-2020, 02:39 PM   #14
Guru

https://www.thenewstribune.com/news/...232840832.html
Old 09-30-2020, 02:45 PM   #15
Guru

Quote:
So do you think if it wasn't for all the government red tape this could be a nice marina? I guess RBAW could wait until it forecloses, then take it on.
Old 09-30-2020, 02:55 PM   #16
Guru

The plan was for Lakebay to become part of Penrose Point State Park. RBAW was working with the Parks Dept. toward that goal. I haven't been there in quite a few years, before the current owner took over. It wasn't a very nice place then. Poor docks and people smoking inside the store. We turned around and left. I don't know anyone that has been there recently so I don't know what condition it's in now.
Old 11-12-2020, 03:19 PM   #17
Guru

Just an update on Lakebay Marina. The owner has changed his mind about the price increase and has given RBAW an extension to come up with the money.
Old 11-12-2020, 03:31 PM   #18

City: Seattle
Vessel Name: Conundrum
Vessel Model: Nordlund 63' Pilothouse
Quote:
Just an update on Lakebay Marina. The owner has changed his mind about the price increase and has given RBAW an extension to come up with the money.
Correct! In fact I just updated the website yesterday with the updated news from Bob Wise (RBAW President).

And as a reminder to any RBAW members, the annual meeting is this coming Saturday, 11/14, where Bob and the team will update everyone on Lakebay, Derelict vessel programs, and the 2021 legislative priorities. Also, Hilary Franz will be a guest speaker as well and it should be very informative.

-tozz
tozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 09:29 PM   #19
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tozz View Post
Correct! In fact I just updated the website yesterday with the updated news from Bob Wise (RBAW President).

And as a reminder to any RBAW members, the annual meeting is this coming Saturday, 11/14, where Bob and the team will update everyone on Lakebay, Derelict vessel programs, and the 2021 legislative priorities. Also, Hilary Franz will be a guest speaker as well and it should be very informative.

-tozz
It was a good meeting. I don't think Hilary liked my question on fiberglass grates, but we got the ball rolling.