Firefly Batteries

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leeman

I just received an email from Firefly Energy.
The Firefly Carbon Foam Battery is now going to be produced and distributed in/from India. Look up Firefly Batteries Pvt Ltd at fireflybattery.in.
Perhaps this will bring the price down? Quality?
More lost US jobs.

Lost jobs, I don't think so. The Firefly battery is going through what every new product invented in the US goes through.

US engineers design it, US sales, marketing and business people sell them. They are made in the US until volume builds enough to make it worthwhile to move production overseas. All of the engineering, sales, marketing and business jobs stay in the US though. That is what a free, integrated world economy is all about.

So if you want a job working for Firefly in the US, be an engineer, sales, marketing or business person. Don't be a product assembler. Those jobs can go anywhere.

David

People react to Firefly prices but cheerfully pay more for lithium.

..The Firefly Carbon Foam Battery is now going to be produced and distributed in/from India. Look up Firefly Batteries Pvt Ltd at fireflybattery.in.
Perhaps this will bring the price down? Quality?
More lost US jobs.
Trade wars are easy to win. Slap a tariff on them,that will fix it.

Just as a reference point: Caterpillar (the engine manufacturer) I believe owns them. An international company with sales and manufacturing around the world. Would really like to see a cost reduction to make them more competitive with AGM and open lead acid.

Ted

Just as a reference point: Caterpillar (the engine manufacturer) I believe owns them. An international company with sales and manufacturing around the world. Would really like to see a cost reduction to make them more competitive with AGM and open lead acid.

Ted

Caterpillar got rid of them in 2010. They are an Indian company.

In the heavy equipment business the end user determines what batteries to install for starting purposes as the equipment ages. A number of battery suppliers (Napa for one) in the US offer very good warranty and consignment programs for batteries being sold to high volume customers. That type of program pretty well eliminated Cat/Firefly as the cost effective battery supplier of choice.

Last edited:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom