Firearms questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

David Ess

We know firearms are banned many places, and apparently even non-firearm weapons are in some countries(perhaps spearguns in the Bahamas, Ive heard). Does anyone have examples of specific things, specific countries that are banned? Perhaps cross-bows, normal bows, spears, swords, etc?

Google Gun Laws Wikipedia, for a state by state and nations listing of firearms regulations.

Last edited:
David, even in non gun friendly nations high latitude explorers generally get a permit to have a large caliber rife to protect themselves against a polar bear attack.
Based on your attitude in another thread I suggest you just carry a fully automatic firearm when you “slip through” Canadian waters.

John

I do not know of a link you can click to get the information you want, but I can relate what I did on a delivery from New Jersey to San Diego, CA via the Panama Canal stopping in the Caymans, Panama, Costa Rica and several spots in Mexico. Inside the US at several stops, there were NO questions asked. In each foreign country, a delegation of "officials" boarded, and there was always the question about firearms. The response to my positive reply varied from them placing a metal band around it which had to be broken to fire the weapon to them just telling me to lock it up aboard. That was it as long as I was not stupid enough to carry it ashore. Being a rifle, it was possibly treated with more deference than had it been a pistol.

Why do you even ask???? Just do whatever you want. They are just irrelevant, bureaucratic (probably disputed) laws and rules anyway. Right?
After reading your "other" thread, all I can say is WOW.

Why do you even ask???? Just do whatever you want. They are just irrelevant, bureaucratic (probably disputed) laws and rules anyway. Right?
After reading your "other" thread, all I can say is WOW.

False analogy. That some countries dont recognize the bogus claim of Canada over the NWPassage, is NOT similar to the gun laws of individual countries. And...as we probably wont bother transiting the NWP because of snivelling burocrat may mess with us, we wont carry guns either because most countries wiĺ mess with us.
But the point of the OP is about non-firearm weapons, and a request for info on them.

I am not positive, but a valuable resource like noonsite might help. They used to discuss regulations in most countries relating to cruising better than most.

It takes registration now, not sure it's free still, and my phone isn't cooperating with their site to look myself.

I am not positive, but a valuable resource like noonsite might help. They used to discuss regulations in most countries relating to cruising better than most.

It takes registration now, not sure it's free still, and my phone isn't cooperating with their site to look myself.

Thanks...will try that. Theres lots of good weapons out there if you cant have guns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom