Finding project hulls...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

toocoys

Guru
Let's say you were looking for a small displacement hull for a project. Something trailerable, that was/or could be gutted and completely rebuilt from scratch.

Where would you look, and what would you look for (brand)?

Look at my photo album, I'm rebuilding a former USCG motor whaleboat as a small trawler. Trailerable true full displacement hulls are hard to find with motor whaleboats being the most common. Where I am there are frequently small older lobster boats for sale that would make a nice project. You just need to keep searching Craig's list or Facebook marketplace and occasionally on Ebay along with the suggestions above.

Last edited:
I've seen a number of project trawlers in FL on CL, there was a Gulfstar 36 for $3000.00 a day or so ago. A good way to search is through Searchtempest, it searches all of CL with whatever subject and range you enter.

Go to or call Green Cove Springs Marina in Florida. They have a hundreds of boats in dry storage that have been there for years. I’m sure some haven’t paid the storage fees and now the marina owns them. We drove by in December and it was pretty sad.

Back
Top Bottom