Finding a boat hauler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rgano

Guru
Vessel Name
FROLIC
Vessel Make
Mainship 30 Pilot II since 2015. GB-42 1986-2015. Former Unlimited Tonnage Master
The current custodian of my old wooden Grand Banks 42 (five years since I sold it to him) wants to truck the 40,000 pound boat from Galveston to San Diego, ironically the reverse of my having it trucked from San Diego to Galveston in 1990. He has not been able to locate a shipper with the proper qualifications and trailer - Uship.com has not worked out for him so far. The shipper I used all those years back is apparently not in business anymore. The trailer used when I shipped the boat was a very specialized lowboy with smallish tires to clear the hull, numerous adjustable supports on each side, and a slot down the center to allow the keel to get within a foot of the road surface. The boat therefore did not rest on its keel. If anybody can send along a boat shipper's name, I will be happy to relay it to Galveston. Thanks.

We want to ship from PNW TO Galveston. Let me know if you find something as the only quote we got so far was $24k for a 37ft, 14ft tall, 13'4" beam trawler.

We want to ship from PNW TO Galveston. Let me know if you find something as the only quote we got so far was $24k for a 37ft, 14ft tall, 13'4" beam trawler.

OK, but do you have the name of the hauler so my guy can call him for a quote?

Dudley seems defunct. At least their website is.

From Texas Mariners Cruising Assoc FB page

I'm copying and pasting a recommendation I got from TMCA facebook page:

SV Launa Joyce Thomas Duncan Trucking - honest and quality boat hauler.
If you call Seabrook Shipyard they will tell you the same thing.
He is really good at answering his phone or giving you a call back as soon as he can - he's not a middle man. We hauled our boat from Kemah, TX to Ventura, CA Great experience.
Thomas Duncan Trucking

His web site says he hauls up to 40,000 lbs.

MaryAnn
From Lake Life to Gulf Coast

I'm copying and pasting a recommendation I got from TMCA facebook page:

His web site says he hauls up to 40,000 lbs.

MaryAnn
From Lake Life to Gulf Coast

Thank you; I have passed on the info.

Back
Top Bottom