Find My Boat - $5,000 REWARD!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She still has not sold her house, but has another offer and has her eye on a couple on the East Coast. I don’t think she will post here again as too many were ill mannered and non supportive. If I were her I would not! I think she will buy a boat when her house sells. Took us 2+ years to buy find and buy the Eagle.

Bet she uses the "Tor Browser"..

You ever go into Haggan, Starbucks, McDonalds or Home Depot, etc. and see the people using the free WiFi to entertain themselves?? They're called Internet trolls who sets up their tablet / laptop /Iphone in the coffee shop every morning. Offers free internet and anonymous access. That's my guess :lol:

Last edited:
I don’t think she will post here again as too many were ill mannered and non supportive. If I were her I would not!

I think she was treated FAR WORSE over at Cruiser's Forum by FAR MORE people than the few here.

Oh ffs, all of us on here are intelligent well succeeded people in life. Let's just agree this is not not the way we would look for and go about buying our first boat. Maybe, just maybe this thread will then find it's rightful end.

So, is it confirmed ok to restore " And a Boat" to the blog header?

Greetings,
Post #69 basically says we've been hoodwinked.
shocked_ghostbusters.gif

I think she was treated FAR WORSE over at Cruiser's Forum by FAR MORE people than the few here.
Given the questions she asked, and how she asked them, I don't think she was treated all that badly. She got some pretty blunt, and honest, answers. She got a couple of people who laughed at her and thought she was crazy. Is there anyone who has EVER lived on board a boat who didn't have a few people laugh at them and call them crazy?

If she can't handle that sort of criticism from a bunch of strangers on a public internet forum, then she surely won't be able to handle the reality of her "plan."

I wish her the best of luck. I really do. But I do not believe that she was treated badly.

Just so you guys know, GG's now over on the Hatteras Owners Forum asking questions about 61 and 63 foot motor yachts and the wood paneling. So that's the flavor of the day, FYI.

Just so you guys know, GG's now over on the Hatteras Owners Forum asking questions about 61 and 63 foot motor yachts and the wood paneling. So that's the flavor of the day, FYI.

Thanks George. Keep us posted. :thumb:

(Sorry we missed you when we were in MHCYB last time.:flowers:)

Post #69 basically says we've been hoodwinked.

No wonder my check never came!

I just happened to check on your boat progress and it looks like your house sold, congradulations ! Now the boat purchase...

This dang 12 hour time difference here in turkey has me up at all hours...:banghead:

I would never admit it took until post 69 to know you were being hoodwinked.

Now one thing is that even when fake threads are started there is still good information shared that may help others.

I would never admit it took until post 69 to know you were being hoodwinked.

Now one thing is that even when fake threads are started there is still good information shared that may help others.

Yes, that's true, but hang on...because one poster states, without any verification it is a hoax, you just accept that. The evidence points to the opposite. She is still looking, just on another forum at present. See post 223 above.

Last edited:
Just last week asked for recs on Hatteras knowledgeable surveyors, would not give when asked location of where, or if there was a boat, so now knows all the good Hatt surveyors in the country.

Yes, that's true, but hang on...because one poster states, without any verification it is a hoax, you just accept that. The evidence points to the opposite. She is still looking, just on another forum at present. See post 223 above.

No, I don't accept it based on a poster stating it. I do based on her posts here and elsewhere. Now I may be wrong, but doubt it. But I don't believe anyone is going to ever collect the $5000 and I base that on reading her posts in many places, not just here. If it's real then I'll concede and just call it strange. But then I like strange sometimes. But, no, I didn't base my opinion on the post of another.

Was just reading on the HAT forum wherein a captain (?) was inquiring about the range of a 63' MY (post dated 6/29/14) due to being hired to move the vessel from Mobile to Boston. He made references to the owner and her children and what passages they they would enjoy (Okeechobee). After all of the clatter and noise associated with who I suspect this may actually be about, I guess my own doubts can now be removed as to the reality of seeing this topic come to closure.

Can't recall for how long I've seen threads on this subject all over various boating forums . . . I am left wondering how this journey (MOB to BOS) is going to turn out however.

She did it, good for her

Five kids and a boat..... Oh my.

~ Gary ~

Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

Only thing I can think of that would be worse is 5 boats and a kid.

Closest I've come: three kids and a pregnant mother. (Thankfully, guests for the day.)

232323232%7Ffp734%3A9%3Enu%3D3363%3E33%3A%3E57%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D394%3B%3C67292336nu0mrj

She and the kids just made the crossing Ft Meyers to Stuart via Okeechobee Waterway. 5 locks and no paint left behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom