Find My Boat - $5,000 REWARD!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no perfect boat, just the one with the least amount of compromises balanced with being able to afford the purchasing, running, maintaining, and moorage of it. In the search, impatience can be a costly flaw!

Last edited:
I would be interested to see if there are any boats that are NOT for sale that you are interested. Send us a few pics, makes, and models of boats you DO want to buy, but aren't on the market.

I agree with you Richard. The boat that I want is rare and could take months to become available. I am changing my plan a bit and going to go with something else....for now.

Like a Condo or a house? If so, nice to see you come down. :)

I would be interested to see if there are any boats that are NOT for sale that you are interested. Send us a few pics, makes, and models of boats you DO want to buy, but aren't on the market.

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

I don't think Galaxy Girl is any different than many of us here who spend months or years in search of the right boat. And along the way we define, refine, modify, and sometimes completely change our requirements as we go along. And often in the middle (muddle?) of it all we just take a break.

I don't think Galaxy Girl is any different than many of us here who spend months or years in search of the right boat. And along the way we define, refine, modify, and sometimes completely change our requirements as we go along. And often in the middle (muddle?) of it all we just take a break.

The best way to learn is to actually go out on a few boats...

:S

GG:
You would do much better to make the compromises now that you can live with longer term than to think in terms of trading up later. Unless you are thinking several years before trading up, this is almost certainly a way to lose money. Every boat is a compromise, just make educated compromises that will suit your needs for the foreseeable future.

OR (plan B)

Get a smaller vessel and use it as a learning platform for your family. You may decide eventually that going at 6-7kts is not a great way to see the world!! Also, your needs may (probably will) change as the kids grow up and leave the floating nest.

Whatever the position, it would be accurate to remove the words, "and a boat" from the blog header. There may be 5 kids, but there is no boat, past, present, and who can predict, future.
It may be a positive encouragement to the search, so the magic words can be joyfully restored to rightful prominence when there is "a boat".

GG, might I sugest you don't get totally wedded to the pilothouse style. once the boat is up in the 50' plus range, the pilot area is always very generous anyway, and you are already fairly high up with good visibility. Having said that, the Cheoy Lee 66s that have been mentioned, and even that Ocean Alex 71, put up recently come pretty close to your wish-list.

However, if you have decided to settle for something else for now, we would love to hear what that is, even if it's a small beachside cottage in fact. I think you owe us that...

Peter, rather than waiting/hoping for the boat that I want to become available, I think that I might go ahead and buy a cheaper dime a dozen Hat or something similar. I'm thinking that I will hold it for 2-3 years and then sell and get what I really want. I've always had this plan B scenario in the back of my mind, just in case.

The seahorse Oceaneer I tried to get the owner to hold for me. I even had a shipping company priced and lined up.

The Dixon Boat I lost while I was standing on it. Tried to outbid the other guy, but was unsuccessful. My timing was off on both of these.

A boat that I would want is rare, but they are out there, and some are within budget.

For the buck and the space, I've always admired this baby Broward 75. A lot of boat for the price, but I'd sure want to have a good survey. I see it daily on my morning walk around the marina here in Longboat Key. Yeah, it's on Yachtworid too, so you can use the 5G's to buy new pillows.

1976 Broward Flybridge Motor Yacht Power Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

Wow, what a nice looking and well maintained vessel. Looks like Cheoy Lee clone in some ways, and that's not a criticism either, by any means. And the price...hey..GG think what mods and improvements and diesel you could do/buy with the change..?

Those 12v71n should have a decent fuel burn of 10-12 gph each if you don't push them and last a lifetime if taken care of.Larry

Wow, what a nice looking and well maintained vessel. Looks like Cheoy Lee clone in some ways, and that's not a criticism either

Funny you say that. I originally thought it was a Cheoy Lee until I got a look at the transom. There's another Cheoy Lee near it and they do look very similar.

That's an interesting boat. My Mom would love the sail.

I found the bargain of the year. Here's a motor sailer for you. I could almost sell my house and buy it myself, but I don't have enough kids to fill it.

Its a private sale that just came on the market. No idea why its so cheap. I would have expected it to be close to a million dollar boat. Your mom can move on board too.

Used 2002 CUSTOM KETCH Boat For Sale - boatpoint.com.au

I found the bargain of the year. Here's a motor sailer for you. I could almost sell my house and buy it myself, but I don't have enough kids to fill it.

Its a private sale that just came on the market. No idea why its so cheap. I would have expected it to be close to a million dollar boat. Your mom can move on board too.

Used 2002 CUSTOM KETCH Boat For Sale - boatpoint.com.au

Very nice boat. It is a pilothouse. I dont think she could be sold on the idea though as she has been firmly biased against sailboats from the beginning.

Very nice boat. It is a pilothouse. I dont think she could be sold on the idea though as she has been firmly biased against sailboats from the beginning.

1,800 gallons of diesel and a 260hp engine would give you a lot of wiggle room if those masts were gone. Just sayin'...

A person could probably sell the 316 stainless masts for a small fortune.

1,800 gallons of diesel and a 260hp engine would give you a lot of wiggle room if those masts were gone. Just sayin'...

A small stipend sent my way, if you so choose to follow the advice above and decide to purchase and de-mast the vessel, would be very much appreciated :socool:

Ok...hands off...nobody move until I see if I win Powerball this weekend. Its a jackpot..!
That boat is to die for AusCan...

What a hot cruising boat. Who cares if it suits the OP or not. Just great to look at, even better if Powerball comes home for Pete.

Sorry Peter we can't wait for the weekend. Galaxy Girl may be making her move as we ponder.

Is there 9 others ready to invest $55,000 for a 10% share?

That would raise $495,000 leaving $10,000 for a insurance and a big Rocna to anchor her offshore, saving marina fees. My input is the Kokanee to use as a tender.

C'mon - is that a deal or is that a deal? We could do laps of Oz, and with 9 state rooms plus the tender, everyone could on board. No need for timeshare.

Taking orders now; don't be disappointed.:dance:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom