Fiberglaser in seattle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

magna 6882

Guru
Vessel Name
Intrepid
Vessel Make
North Pacific/ NP-45 Hull 10
Hi all. Looking into adding stabilizers and was need some help with the interior fiberglass reinforcement. Any recommendations on a fiberglass installer in the seattle area?

Pacific Fiberglass at Canal Boatyard. Just plan on a wait as they can get backed up. Best results are if you get the boat to Canal rather than ask them to come to you. Excellent work, good guys.

I second Pacific Fiberglass. I met the owners son this spring in Everett where they were doing several jobs. Seemed very knowledgeable. There business card says structural and cosmetic repair. They have their own yard in Seattle with haul outs to 55 ton.

The manufacture wants a base about 4 inches thick including hull. The guy i am talking with for install uses mahogany as a core and the manufacture want solid fiberglass with no core. I am thinking of getting the glass work done per manufacture.

Pacific Fiberglass. Doug does stuff in fiberglass nobody else even tries.

Don't know about Pacific Fiberglass glass work, but don't have them do any mechanical work. They are not good at that. It took them like 12 hours to pull my prop because they didn't have the right prop puller. Instead of buying the right tool, they beat on it with sledge hammers and heated it up for hours on end. Then after they put the boat back in the water, I had some vibration. They avoided my calls. Would not pick up the phone, wouldn't return my calls.

The paint touch up they did was decent, wouldn't say it's perfect, but good enough.

You'll hear a lot of people recommend them, but again do not have them do mechanical stuff. Oh and btw, they charged me for all those hours of beating my drive shaft.

Back
Top Bottom