Favorite Youtube Channels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What a great thread.

My favorite for years was Dashew's Set Sail. Definitely not a DIYer site though. As mentioned, m/v Dirona. The Hamiltons, like the Dashews really raised the bar for owner operated blue water cruisers throughout their well traveled boating careers.

I also like the Hamiltons production style, and of course envious of their lifestyle. Plenty of proper techy information, as you would expect from such a successful web designer (Amazon), as well as destination information.
They even circumnavigated our little island state (Tasmania), deep in the southern ocean, a location rarely visited, except the most adventurous high latitude cruisers like well known Nordhavn cruiser/bloggers Scott and Mary Flanders in their N46.

I've been watching and waiting but no one has mentioned Butch living on his DeFever 44 in St. Pete with his channel "Aqua-Cultured" and Insta posts.

Young guy with a 200-ton license, born on a sailboat, degree in marine biology, worked at the St. Pete acquarium, now has a day job traveling the country selling for a company that makes the glass for giant aquariums and fancy swimming pools with acrylic sides.

He is all about saving the oceans and has a vision of creating a brand around Aqua-Cultured like Guy Harvey has and using the proceeds to support saving marine environments.

Bad news is that his day job has cut into his making of videos so he only has a few episodes. But, he has a bunch of footage in the can and is hoping to hire a graphics student to edit so he can post.

Another you tube channel

When I first saw this channel I sort of dismissied it as a little crazy. But I started watching it, and learned something. He is an excellant carpenter and builds and finnishes amazingly well. Well worth watching for his workmanship and carpentry skills.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzjS_6kYzuWNznwIfQdqt1w

Mabey make this a shout out to the moderators to make this a sticky for all things youtube. I find youtube is becomeing an amazing resource on maintenance and upgrades.

I just noticed this channel has been mentioned in an above post.

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but We have been watching this couple on their trip around the great loop on there 50' Carver. The great thing is it is happening this year and its not another sailboat.
What yacht to do

https://youtu.be/qYXCJBzZ9CA

Back
Top Bottom