Favorite Boating Attire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FlyWright

Guru
Site Team
Vessel Name
FlyWright
Vessel Make
1977 Marshall Californian 34 LRC
This year, Mark Pierce and his girlfriend, Perla, presented me with a custom FlyWright shirt and Carquinez Coot hat which Perla had made during a trip to the Philippines. Then during our Fleet Week celebration this fall, they gave Meg and me great custom America's Cup/FlyWright shirts! I was very touched by their thoughtfulness and generosity. (see below for the other FlyWright shirt)

img_121326_0_b046e20cf2620c0582b938d7f2e6d0ff.jpg

Yesterday, I opened a package from our own dwhatty and found that he had sent a custom hat for the holidays! At first, I thought it was a gift for the Admiral, but I have been corrected!

img_121326_1_3515ccc1d68045a03aaa5c1778e2248d.jpg

This dates back to an ongoing exchange between us that started when I made a comment about David wearing his wife's hat.

attachment.php

One thing led to another and before you know it, we had a thread about my pink boat, complete with photoshopped pix! (Somewhere along the way, the pictures disappeared! I know nothing about it, I swear!)

A big THANK YOU to my friends Mark and David for providing me with such tasteful and colorful boating attire. You guys are the best!!

Here's a picture of me disguised as a Christmas tree.

img_121326_3_59a965738025895aa109c02fba93512b.jpg

You're welcome, Al and Meg. You are good people and fun to be with.

Here, Perla and I are attempting to approximate the Coot's color scheme, but the pants aren't enough dark green. My Dad provides the white.

img_121346_0_e0fa42e03609df5f5c305d84d3e228ee.jpg

Al, you look good in pink. Better than I do in fact.
Very cool gifts.

A former co-worker, as part of his job and while wearing a pink shirt, once interviewed a Richmond, CA police detective. The detective projected disdain until my co-worker mentioned he piloted F-4 jets as well as low-level, propeller-driven recon planes over Vietnam.

markpierce;

"A former co-worker, as part of his job and while wearing a pink shirt, once interviewed a Richmond, CA police detective. The detective projected disdain until my co-worker mentioned he piloted F-4 jets as well as low-level, propeller-driven recon planes over Vietnam."

What, only the 'Top Gun' types can wear pink? What about us ex sheep shearers? Haven't you seen 'Priscilla Queen of the Desert'? :D

markpierce; "A former co-worker, as part of his job and while wearing a pink shirt, once interviewed a Richmond, CA police detective. The detective projected disdain until my co-worker mentioned he piloted F-4 jets as well as low-level, propeller-driven recon planes over Vietnam." What, only the 'Top Gun' types can wear pink? What about us ex sheep shearers? Haven't you seen 'Priscilla Queen of the Desert'? :D

Hahaha. I'm originally from a station in Texas in Queensland. Our family business is breeding Brahman bulls. These pics are a little old now (before i got lazy and fat lol) but I'm wearing my typical station get up. Not quite like the Priscilla queen of the desert movie but there is a pink shirt in the mix lol. No broke back mountain jokes either you lot !!!! lol The last pic is my typical boating attire :-D

iPad Forum Runner

iPad Forum Runner

Attachments

• image-3456698800.jpg
    image-3456698800.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 148
  • image-1190016751.jpg
    image-1190016751.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 196
  • image-356330900.jpg
    image-356330900.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 158
  • image-3960257966.jpg
    image-3960257966.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 155
  • image-3329878704.jpg
    image-3329878704.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 167
Yesterday, I opened a package from our own dwhatty and found that he had sent a custom hat for the holidays! At first, I thought it was a gift for the Admiral, but I have been corrected!

img_121428_0_3515ccc1d68045a03aaa5c1778e2248d.jpg

Here's a picture of me disguised as a Christmas tree.

You notice I removed you. The Admiral makes the hat way more acceptable.:)

Oh no Al's 100% acceptable!

But "Admiral" is very very acceptable indeed.

I came over to this thread wondering "what on earth can they possibly be talking about" Sounded very yachty to me. More fun and sillyness I see but I must be getting to like it and we've talked about most serious things "to death" so we probably need to evolve at least a bit into other things and who better to do it than Mark, David and Al. Go guys!

Here's Chris all dressed up.

She can't move much but style is where it's at.

Attachments

• DSCF0258 copy.jpg
    DSCF0258 copy.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
Here's Chris all dressed up.

She can't move much but style is where it's at.

It looks like she is protected from the cold water and you as well.

Al, I knew that hat was just "you". And, folks, it looks pinker in the picture than the nice "Breton red" it actually is. If Al had not posted this I had threatened to dust off my photoshop program. Good preemptive move Al.

Last edited:
Last edited:
boating pic.jpg

Boating wouldn't be as fun if fellow boaters didn't dress like this.

Here's one of my favorite boating outfits. She's promoting boating safety!
img_121639_0_064a99bf0df8790feceaf19cf1cc62d9.jpg

Here's one of my favorite boating outfits. She's promoting boating safety!
img_121722_0_064a99bf0df8790feceaf19cf1cc62d9.jpg
Now my guess and it is only a guess is she "don't need no stinkn life jacket."

One breath should last her all day I would think.

FWIW, brest size is not related to lung capacity, there may be a buoyancy correlation though.:socool:

FWIW, brest size is not related to lung capacity, there may be a buoyancy correlation though.:socool:

Sounds like Andy G has done extensive research in this area.

Back
Top Bottom