Evans Head NSW to Port Albert Vic in a 49ft McLaren Timber trawler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
IMG_3648.jpgIMG_3661.jpgIMG_3706.jpg

IMG_3636.jpgIMG_3648.jpgIMG_3700.jpgIMG_3800.jpgIMG_3801.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3798.jpg
    IMG_3798.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 54
Hello
Hope these are ok to look if you have any questions send me a reply more then happy to explain where I’m up to

Mat slowly but surely, big job but you are getting there.

Mat slowly but surely, big job but you are getting there.

Thanks mate the support on here is great. fantastic place to bounce ideas off everyone I think the jobs list is getting smaller (l think)
Troy

Good job. That's a heck of a scarf joint cut into that stringer. She's gonna be a stout ship once you're done. It's good to see you're treating her right.

Thank you ben2go
Yes Big scarf joint the port stringer 9.5meters x 45mmx150mm and bloody heavy the scarf was 550mm long was worked out at 1:12 ratio so for every 10mm think I went 120mm long or close enough. Am very pleased the way both scarfs have come up they glued up strong and once the deck shelf goes in and bolts up to the stringer I’ll pay particular attention to the scarf joints and put a few extra bolts through for added support they shouldn’t give me any trouble all the ribs have been screwed on with 8 screws in each 2 x bronze screws on the chine stringer 2 x 304 ss screws in the mid stringer and 4 x 304 ss the deck stringer so very strong now compared how it was most of the ribs where just hang there providing not much strength at all.

Thank you ben2go
Yes Big scarf joint the port stringer 9.5meters x 45mmx150mm and bloody heavy the scarf was 550mm long was worked out at 1:12 ratio so for every 10mm think I went 120mm long or close enough. Am very pleased the way both scarfs have come up they glued up strong and once the deck shelf goes in and bolts up to the stringer I’ll pay particular attention to the scarf joints and put a few extra bolts through for added support they shouldn’t give me any trouble all the ribs have been screwed on with 8 screws in each 2 x bronze screws on the chine stringer 2 x 304 ss screws in the mid stringer and 4 x 304 ss the deck stringer so very strong now compared how it was most of the ribs where just hang there providing not much strength at all.
You're welcome.

That will be strong.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom