Eutectic Fridge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MPC

Has anyone added a 12v computer fan to a eutectic fridge to improve cold air circulation? I haven’t be able to find the sweet spot between cool at the top and freezing things on the bottom.

A more simple approach might be to get an RV refer ran. They run on a D cell and are cheap. They will help circulate the air inside the refer. Surprising how long the batteries last. We have bought them at Camping World.

Thanks, Ill look into getting one. Could you give me a rough guess how long a D battery lasts?

If I remember, at least a month. But even if it is less it was worth it to not freeze the things on the bottom while the things on top spoil.

Eutetic in one compartment it is always difficult not to freeze the milk.

The hassle is the plate must be at least 5f deg below the fluids freezing temp to solidly freeze the plate. A lower temp will freeze the plate a bit quicker.

Our solution was an Igloo to hold the stuff we didn't want frozen , while freezing the plate with the engine drive..

WE had 2 sections, a 0F freezer and a 28F fridge , but the 28F plate was in series with the 0F plate so would go to -10f while cooling.

In port only the 28F plate was cooled by a small 120v compressor , which worked for a weekend.

Some folks have used a folded "space blanket" to create 2 sections.

I use a small USB fan. The small cord is sealed by the door gasket.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom