Especially for you single screw guys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Moonstruck wrote:
*There's a better boat?
confused.gif
*Uh.... yeah.

Attachments

• fleming 55.jpg
    fleming 55.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 69
Marin wrote:Moonstruck wrote:
*There's a better boat?
confused.gif
*Uh.... yeah.

*We were looking at Flemings before my wife died.* I'm glad I didn't buy one.* It would be alot to take care of.* This one suits quite well*for now.

THe Fleming 55 is our favorite production boat.* Hopefuly someday we'll have one but we aren't holding our breath.* But I think the way it works is that if one can afford to buy a Fleming the upkeep (or fuel) will not be an issue.

There are several of them in our marina.* Each one of them is imaculate but I never see the owners working on them on weekends or whatever.* I suspect the "immaculate" is hired out.

Marin wrote:
THe Fleming 55 is our favorite production boat.* Hopefuly someday we'll have one but we aren't holding our breath.* But I think the way it works is that if one can afford to buy a Fleming the upkeep (or fuel) will not be an issue.

There are several of them in our marina.* Each one of them is imaculate but I never see the owners working on them on weekends or whatever.* I suspect the "immaculate" is hired out.
*Yachting:* Paying someone to fix your boat in exotic places

Marin wrote:

*I've spent a weekend in Seattle on a Fleming 55 that my husband had helped deliver from san fran to seattle.* It was a BEAUTIFUL boat.* I can assure you everything was hired out on THAT boat.* The boat is currently on the market, can't recall if it is 1.3 or 1.6 million.* I think the owner fell upon hard times in the down economy and has to divest himself of some of his toys.

Moonstruck wrote:*We were looking at Flemings before my wife died.* I'm glad I didn't buy one.* It would be a lot to take care of.* This one suits quite well*for now.
******* I will admit to having Fleming on my "Top 5" list but having had a 54' Sport Fisher and having done the maintenance (mostly) by myself, I have noticed that my ego does not need constant reinforcement anymore. (Been there ...done that.) maybe it's an age thing or a better understanding how the boat will be used but "bigger is not always better" when it comes to boats. At 70 years old, I now believe that for a couple with occasional overnight guests, (Grand-kids, etc,) a 42 footer gets the job done quite nicely. (ie; GB Europa, Sabre, East Bay, etc.) With today's slip fees, insurance premiums, fuel prices, maintenance costs, diver's fee, property tax, etc, owning a relatively new boat over 50 feet is almost prohibitive.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom