Electronics Build-in on Flybridge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

floatingmick

Veteran Member
I'm upgrading the electronics on my Flybridge, replacing an old raymarine mfd with a new simrad go12. We are in a busy marina and in my old boat I would take down my mfd when we left after a weekend. I'm considering building an elevated glassed-in mount to permanently mount the screen on an angle. I'm wondering if anyone has ever done this and how it turned out? I'm attempting to figure out a way to build it that would match and not look ad hoc.

Appreciate any input.

If you end up getting something custom built, I would consider having it designed/made with a custom lid as well that would keep sun, rain, and spray off your gear when it is not in use.

I'm upgrading the electronics on my Flybridge, replacing an old raymarine mfd with a new simrad go12. We are in a busy marina and in my old boat I would take down my mfd when we left after a weekend. I'm considering building an elevated glassed-in mount to permanently mount the screen on an angle. I'm wondering if anyone has ever done this and how it turned out? I'm attempting to figure out a way to build it that would match and not look ad hoc.

Appreciate any input.

Lots of times it has been done.

Some use glass, some starboard or similar.

Closing, locking enclosures keep elements and thrives ou..but sun covers and good flush mounts do just about the same. Gauges and switches seem to suffer the elements worse.

Back
Top Bottom